25.

Beyoncé paced the living room area impatiently waiting for a phone call she's been anticipating since the night before

She was still in disbelief that Jay's mother had showed up on their doorstep asking to speak with him as if she haven't been missing from his life since he was a baby.

He had arrived home minutes after she had dismissed Gloria. She was more than sure that he had seen his mother, but Beyoncé could tell he didn't with the way he came home with only one thing on his mind.

The sex made her forget about his mother, but she knew that he needed to know.

She woke up bright and early to see Jay gone for his usual early Saturday morning meetings. Even though she wanted to talk to him, that gave her enough time to talk to someone else.

Hearing her phone ring, she sat down on the couch and answered the call, facing the door so she wouldn't be taken off guard when Jay came home.

"Good morning." She greeted.

"You're up early. I'm just now seeing your message. Everything's okay?" Adnis asked.

Beyoncé was thankful for her relationship with his father. She could talk to Adnis about anything. He was so wise and spiritual and it opened her eyes to how much him and Jay were alike.

"Hey, I hope I didn't scare you with my message. I just wanted to talk to you about something before Jay made it back home."

"Okay, what's wrong?"

Beyoncé sighed and crossed her right leg under her thigh, "So, last night I met someone."

Adnis chuckled, "Please don't tell me you went back out and cheated on him for revenge?"

"No, never," Beyoncé said in all seriousness before laughing at his assumption, "How dare you assume that."

"Hey, that's what it sounded like you were going to say but who is this someone?"

She tucked a few strands of hair behind her ear, "Um, his mother stopped by last night. He wasn't here, thankfully but I am a little confused. How did she know where we lived? How did she know me? Why is she here anyway? Last I heard she was in Jamaica. Have you talked to her?"

Adnis was a little thrown off from her tons of questions, but it made him wonder as well.

He haven't heard from Gloria in years and knowing she was back in the states for whatever reason made him a little angry.

"This is news to me too," he said with a sigh, "What did she say to you?"

"Nothing, just kept asking for Shawn. I wasn't sure what to do, ya'know? I know how he feels about her so I was pretty afraid to tell him."