5.

"Oh my God, I need your help

"Oh my God, I need your help." Beyoncé said as soon as Kelly picked up the phone.

"You called me fifteen times in ten minutes." Kelly groaned. She was awaken out of her nap by her phone ringing. She wasn't going to call back, but figured it was an emergency.

"I know, because I'm panicking!" Beyoncé said with a deep sigh, "Just say you'll help me."

"Help with what?"

"Okay so, Jay and I go on date nights every Wednesday. I figured he would take me out, but he asked me to cook for him."

Kelly yawned, "Okay?"

"Bitch I can't cook."

Kelly let out a stiffened chuckle, "Just do something simple then. Spaghetti maybe?"

"Or how about you cook for me?" Beyoncé asked, "He said he wanted steak so I went and bought that and some potatoes. I think I'm going to add mixed vegetables too. But, moral of the story is that I bought everything so all you have to do is cook."

It's been two weeks since Jay took Beyoncé out to the basketball game. Ever since, they've been out plenty of times together — even if it was a small outing.

She wasn't expecting for him to ask her to cook for him so soon. She always figured she had time for that, but he wanted a home cooked meal now.

She was going to settle on the easiest, and possibly the only meal she could cook — pasta, but Jay specifically laid out what he wanted.

"I can walk you through it." Kelly said which made Beyoncé suck her teeth.

"It won't be the same."

"Seasoning your meat will be your only battle. Everything else is pretty easy." Kelly shrugged, "Just don't overthink it."

"Too late." Beyoncé mumbled.

Kelly smiled, "I'm happy to know that you two are getting pretty serious. Is he still mean?"

"Girl, is he? He's still very mean but I've gotten used to it. I can tell he tries to be nice to me though."

"Aw! I'm so happy for you." Kelly gushed. She loved to see her best friend happy because it made her happy. She watched Beyoncé get treated badly, but still have faith in love. Her best friend deserved the world and she was positive that Jay would be that guy for her.

"Thank you Kelly," Beyoncé sighed, "I'm going to start on the food and I'll call you back when I get lost again."

They ended their call and Beyoncé sat her phone down on the counter. She looked around her kitchen to see all the grocery bags laying around so she began cleaning up a little. Afterwards, she started on seasoning the meat.

It wasn't as bad as she thought it would be, but she still didn't know what she was doing.

After finishing the steak, she put it inside the hot skillet and watched it cook for a few seconds.