28.

"Are you ready yet?" Jay asked, entering Beyoncé's walk in closet to see her bending over to put her heels on. Thank God, he said to himself seeing her fully dressed.

Once her shoes were on, she turned towards him with tired eyes. She wasn't getting much sleep because of her crazy workload.

On top of all that she felt she was getting sick which only made her agitated. She hated being sick.

Jay noticed her red, puffy nose and in seconds she let out a sneeze that made her eyes water from how intense it was.

"I'm ready." She said in her sickly voice. Jay stared her down and shook his head.

"It's hot outside and you're sick? Maybe we need to stay inside until you get better."

She immediately shook her head, "No, it's too late. My mom loud mouth already told everyone we were coming down so they're expecting us."

Jay touched her forehead and frowned at how hot it was. When Beyoncé realized what he was doing, she moved away and chuckled.

"I have a fever, I know. I feel fine though. I won't be sick forever."

"Did you at least take something?"

She rolled her eyes, "Yes baby, I'm okay."

They had a stare off until she moved closer to him and placed a kiss on his cheek. She felt like shit actually, and she knew Jay knew she was lying.

But they were going to Houston to meet her family — something that had been planned for weeks and she didn't want to back out at the last minute just because of a little cold.

"Beyoncé don't sit in my face and lie to me," he said, looking down at her, "What have you taken?"

"Shawn, don't sit in my face and question me like a kid. I told you I'm okay. We have a three hour drive and we're still here. Can we just leave?"

He never looked away from her. Beyoncé rolled her eyes and walked past him to get to their bedroom.

"And don't get smart with me. Watch your mouth." He said, following her down the stairs. She lightly chuckled at how mean he could be. She used to feel threatened by his remarks, but now all she could do was laugh.

"Baby you just want to find a reason to be mad at me."

"I don't," he said as he waited for her by the door, "I just know when you're lying. You have no reason to do all that."

Beyoncé groaned and walked to the kitchen, "Damn Jay, I'm about to take something now."

"Yeah, I know. I'll be in the car."

Once he was gone for good, she looked in the refrigerator and grabbed the container of fruits she had purchased from Publix just the day before.

She didn't know for sure, but she assumed she was pregnant and didn't want to tell Jay until she knew for sure.

She had all the symptoms anyone pregnant would have, so she was being cautious. She didn't want to take any type of medication that could possibly harm her baby if that was the case.

After bagging her snacks for the road, she made sure all of the doors were locked before leaving.

"You want some?" She asked Jay, opening the bag of Doritos. He shook his head and pulled out of their driveway by looking at the back camera.

"You wanna put your parents address in for me?" He asked politely as they made their way out of the neighborhood.

Beyoncé pressed a few buttons on the display and made it to the navigation settings. Since they were in Jay's Tesla, it wasn't much she had to do. The car was extremely smart so it typed in the address on its own.