16.

Jay

"Yo, Sam?" Jay yelled out, bouncing the plastic basketball off the four walls of his office.

He waited a couple of seconds and like clockwork, Sam was at his office door with her iPad in her hand.

"Need anything?"

"How many more meetings I have today?"

She pressed a couple of buttons on the iPad and cleared her throat, "Two. You have a meeting with your new artist, Da Baby and you have another meeting with Live Nation."

Jay bounced the ball off the wall and looked towards his assistant of two years, "Cancel both of those for me and reschedule for tomorrow."

She nodded, "Done, anything else?"

"Go home, enjoy your day." He said, dismissing her. Soon as his door was closed, he grabbed his phone and scrolled until he got to her name.

It's been only two days since they last seen or talked to one another. Two days didn't seem like a lot, but it felt long to him.

At that moment, he knew he was attached. Jay never felt himself being in his feelings after leaving a female alone, but Beyoncé had changed that.

He thought about her every second of the day but his pride always won. Even though he felt he may be in the wrong, his pride wouldn't let him fix the issue.

He contemplated calling her number but decided against it. Instead, he dialed another familiar number and waited for the person to answer.

"Hey son," Adnis greeted, "What's up wit' you?"

Jay tapped his fingernails against his desk as if he was in deep thought. He rarely came to his dad for advice pertaining to women, but times has definitely changed.

"Hey pops, don't laugh at me but I need advice."

Adnis chuckled, "Go ahead."

"It's Beyoncé. We in a little argument and I don't know how to go about fixing it."

Adnis slowly nodded, "Alright, so what are you guys arguing about?"

"I told her I can't trust her. I don't feel like telling the entire story, but some shit happened and she asked me, so I was straight up. I know she's hurting though. She left my crib crying and I haven't talked to her in two days."

"Your mouth will always get you in trouble." The two laughed and Jay just shrugged his shoulders.

"So I see you back dealing with those inner thoughts of yours. Thinking everybody will use you and leave you for dead."

Jay crossed his arm over his chest, "I mean, yeah. But I told her straight up that it wasn't her. I know I have hella trust issues, and I'm slowly working on it. It's just that, this the first time I've been so connected with a female on some other shit — spiritually, mentally, all of that. Last time I felt somewhat like this, she walked out of my life with no reason as to why."

Adnis laid his head down, feeling disappointed hearing his son express his emotions knowing who they were about.

No matter what Jay said, his mother not wanting him hit a sore spot and unfortunately, her actions has made it even harder for women to get to him.

Beyoncé was the only woman to ever get this close to his heart and to him, she was a dangerous. He looked at her as a threat now, afraid that she'll pull him to his lowest and leave him just like his mother did.

"Beyoncé is nothing like your mother. Repeat after me." Adnis demanded, "Beyoncé is nothing like your mother."

Jay rubber his face, "I know."