44.

"We're finally home!" Beyoncé announced as she walked through the double doors of her home.

Jay followed right behind her carrying the car seat Alani was still strapped in. He sat it down on the floor before sitting down on the couch to look at her.

After another long day in the hospital, they were able to leave with their baby girl. It was the moment they both had been waiting on since they hated hospitals.

"She's just looking around." Jay said, staring down at his other half. Alani was looking around the room, quietly observing the scenery around her.

Beyoncé walked a little closer to them, gaining Alani's attention. She immediately began to cry seeing that she wasn't in her mother's arms.

"Aw, take her out babe. I want to hold her."

As she rocked Alani to sleep, Jay began unpacking their hospital bags

He couldn't deny the feelings that washed over him as he thought about himself as a father. He only hoped he could be a better parent than his mother was. He didn't see himself ever leaving Beyoncé and their child.

Beyoncé hummed a little as she rubbed Alani's back. She had fallen asleep in her arms and even though she was enjoying watching her baby sleep, she knew she needed to rest also.

She walked inside of the bedroom she shared with Jay to see him pacing the room on the phone. He instantly quieted down as Beyoncé placed Alani in the middle of the bed and signaled for Jay to watch her.

She used her free time to shower and make herself more comfortable before laying in bed next to her daughter.

"Who was on the phone?" She asked in a soft tone to be sure not to wake Alani.

Jay kissed her lips and began removing his clothes, "Sam. Told her to cancel the rest of my meetings and shit this week."

Beyoncé studied his tone and body language before responding, "Is that an issue for you?"

"Nah, I needed a break anyway. You and 'Lani comes first."

She smiled hearing that. For some reason she was amazed, but it wasn't the first time Jay made sacrifices for her and their little family.

"You need to sleep while she sleep," he added, "I can handle it whenever she wakes up again."

Beyoncé sighed and looked down at the small body next to her, "I know. I just can't stop staring at her. I really carried this person for nine months. It's going to be so hard watching her grow up."

Jay laughed and laid on the other side of Alani, "Don't start. She's only a day old."

"I don't care," she mumbled while grabbing her phone, "I'm trying to decide which picture of her I want to post on my social media."