21.

She felt extremely at peace resting by the fireplace and the smell of the pool water that wasn't far from her

She had relocated from her bedroom to outside and thankfully Jay haven't bothered her.

It's been almost a week since he told her what he had done, and she's been giving him the cold shoulder since. She would only communicate with him when she absolutely had to.

With his nonchalant attitude, it seemed as if her lack of communication didn't bother him, but it did. He didn't care to express himself though. He figured she would eventually forgive him, but on her time.

He sat in the living room, a little bored and tired of the quietness, but thankfully a special person was coming to visit him.

He had no clue why his father was coming down from New York, but Adnis claimed he needed a getaway.

Adnis' flight would be landing soon and he requested that they do dinner. He made sure to add that he wanted Beyoncé there as well.

Since time was approaching, Jay made his way outside seeing Beyoncé asleep on the long sofa near the fireplace. He didn't want to wake her up because she looked good, but she would be upset if he didn't.

He shook her a little, unsure if she was awake because of the shades over her eyes blocking his view.

"Beyoncé," he called out, "My pops gonna be landing soon. You still coming, right?"

She yawned and nodded her head, "Yeah." He watched as she sat up and bypassed him to get back into the house.

Grabbing her arm, he turned her towards him and waited for the perfect time to kiss her lips. Surprisingly, she kissed him back.

It was always hard for her to hold grudges. She was still unsure how she had been doing it for almost a week because she missed him so much. It wasn't the same, and it wouldn't be until she could fully trust him again.

He pecked her lips multiple times, glad she was warming up to him again. "I'm sorry." He said for the thousandth time.

She sighed and pulled away from him, ignoring his glare as she headed into the bedroom to change.

For the next thirty minutes, they got dressed in something casual for their dinner with Adnis. It took Beyoncé longer than Jay, but he patiently waited for her since his father's flight has yet to land.

After she was done, they headed out the house and into the busy traffic of Dallas, Texas.

__________

"It feels good to get out of New York," Adnis said, sipping on his alcoholic beverage, "I may have to move here."

Both Beyoncé and Jay gave him a light chuckle. Beyoncé was looking through the menu, while Jay looked around at his surroundings.