42.

"Beyoncé, why do you need this?" Tina asked, grabbing the Connect Four box Beyoncé had stuffed in her hospital bag

Her due date was only a day away and her parents decided to stay for a couple days just so they could be around whenever she did go into labor.

Even though her hospital bag has been packed for weeks now, her mother felt the need to look through it to be sure she had everything.

Beyoncé came out of her walk-in closet dressed in nothing but her panties and bra.

"Just in case I get bored." She said, laying her outfit of the day across the bed.

Tina sucked her teeth and continued going through the bag. After she was done, she set it in the chair off to the side where she had gotten it from.

"Is the nursery done?" She asked. Beyoncé nodded, not really caring what her mother was talking about. Her eyes were glued to her phone as she texted Kelly and Casandra back in their group message.

Tina leaned over to see what her daughter was doing, "Who are you talking to? You need to make sure you have everything Beyoncé. That baby gonna be here sooner thank you think."

Beyoncé huffed and put her phone away. She felt like a child again with the way her mother had yelled at her.

She put on her loose fitted jeans with a simple white tank top. She made sure her hair was in place before leading her mother to the nursery.

"Here's the nursery," she announced, opening the door to reveal Alani's room, "I may add a few more things, but this is about it."

"Aw, BB this is so beautiful!"

Beyoncé smiled, "Thank you. I plan on putting her name above here," She said, pointing to the wall, "But I have to see how Jay feel about it first."

She looked around the room and began replacing a few things until she heard her mother sniffing.

She turned towards her and frowned a little, "Mama why are you crying?"