24

"So you use this shit to beat eggs? Why not use your hands?" James tosses the whisk in the pile of other useless junk that he hates which has built up pretty high in the last hour. "So you don't get sick and spread bad germs!" I pick the whisk up and put it into the tiny keep pile, "You won't use it but I will." He only rolls his eyes before reaching for the next object, "I don't know what it is but it's flashes when you click this button.." he clicks the camera button and jumps as it flashes in his eyes, "Shit!" He curses and tosses it on the floor. I laugh as he rubs his eyes, "It's a Camera. You take videos and pictures with it." He frowns as he wraps his arms around my waist, pulling my side flush against his, "Yeah well I can't even see them.." He grumbles and I roll my eyes, "Did you go into the saved photos?" He shakes his head and I press the button, bring up all the old pictures it took. "James! Look at you!" I laugh loudly as a picture of a blurry demon James dropping the camera as he holds his eyes, "You little dummy." I tease as he rolls his eyes, "Shut up, dummy." He glares as he snatches the camera back, "So it takes pictures of whatever I want?" He asks and I nod my head, "Pretty much.. It looks like it can take videos too.." I click the button and smile as the camera starts to record us. "W-Why is it blinking red?" His eyes flash yellow as he eyes it warily. I laugh, "It's recording what we are doing, James. See?" I face the screen to him as I smile ok the other side and wave to him. He gasps softly and leans in closer to the screen, "It's a little you!" He bites his lip as he plays with the zoom, "Where am I? Why am I not with you?" He shakes the camera and frowns deeply, "Are there other males in this 'video' and why am I not by your side?" He questions as he starts shaking the camera. I quickly take it from him, "It's like a..moving picture of me?.." I try to choose my words carefully as he gently takes back the camera, "So only you?" He asks and points the leans towards me, "Yup!" I nod my head and he sighs softly in relief.

"I like you in the camera.. very.. beautiful." He spoke slowly as his eyes stayed attached to the screen, watching me. I laugh as I make silly faces at the camera, "You wanna be in it?" He nods his head quickly as he passes it to me. He smiles just as I had done before and I snap a picture while it records, "Tell the camera something about you, James." He hesitates for a moment as he thinks. "My name is James and Olivia is my mate." He smiles brightly and I laugh, "Do you love her?" I ask and he nods his quickly, "More than anything." My heart skips a beat as I watch him through the screen, "She loves you too." I click the stop button and giggle as James blushes but his eyes never leave mine.

His hand gently pushes the camera out the way, allowing us to sit face to face. "We will show this to our young so they can see what love is." My heart pounds against my chest as he smiles at me, "They will be little demons but good demons." I lean forward and plant a kiss on his lips, "Hopefully they will get your height." I tease and he smirks, "More little munchkins like you running around? That's hell." He teases and I laugh, "You think munchkin running around is bad? Now imagine them greedy gremlins like you." I poke his tummy as I crawl into his lap, "You'll never have any chicken again!" James laughs as his arms wrap around me, "Our young will have all the chicken they wa- "Loud ringing cuts him off. "I'll get it." I stand up and rush to grab my phone from the bedroom.

I flop back on the mattress as I answer, "Hello?" I frown as all I hear is shuffling for a moment, "Olivia?! Oh lord! Please say your okay!" Derek's voice sounds out of breath as the shuffling grows louder, "We are fine.. what's wrong?" I turn to James as he walks into the room, a deep frown on his face. "Its Derek. Emergency." I mouth to him as I click the speaker on the phone, "The government is sending a high level monster to hunt you both down. Make sure you get on that plane or be ready to fight. Word says it will most likely be a..um.." Derek hesitates as my breath catches, "A What?" James speaks up for me and Derek signs on the other side,

"A demon."

The room was silent as we sat on the bed, our minds buzzing with questions as we tried to comprehend everything. "I haven't seen a demon in so long.." James finally spoke up as he grabbed a pillow, squeezing it, "Filthy disgusting little demons who try to take what's mine." His fade into a deep red, emitting a dark glow over the sheets, "I'll kill it. Destroy it..." His eyes burn brighter as he turns to me,

"Devour it."