16

"Babygirl." I look up from my writing and blush as James stands in the doorway shirtless. I quickly drop my eyes back to my book as heat rushes to my cheeks, "Yes?" I nibble on my pencil as I listen to his steps get closer, "Your friend is here." I snap my head up to the doorway and see a blushing Derek. I smile brightly and wave back before sliding out of my office chair to sit on the sofa. I motion to the couch across from me and he happily takes it. My smile falters as Claire walks in with her eyes on James before staking a seat next to Derek. We eye each other up and down before she huffs and turns away to stare into the fireplace.

"So.. What brings y'all over?" I politely smile at Derek who gives me an apologetic one. "It's urgent news." He eyes James warily, "You might want to participate in this one." He motions towards the seat next to me and James takes it while giving him a side eye. "What the fuck is going on" He grumbles as he grabs my waist to put me in his lap. I blush but ignore it as I feel both Claire and Derek's eyes on us. "The government contacted us.. after twenty years.." he spoke hesitantly as his eyes flicked between us, "They asked us about suspicious activity and we told them of none but I think you should be wary especially with your demon boyfriend." I couldn't help the heat that burned my cheeks as I gasped, "How did you know?" He laughs as he points to his nose, "His scent." I nod my head in understanding and look up at James who's eyes have turned a light red. "What did you tell them." I could see Derek physically tense, "T-That there has been no suspicious behavior but I have to warn yo-" Claire cuts him off with a dark look and he stops talking immediately. "Warn us what?" I ask and lean closer to Derek, snatching his attention from Claire, "They are sending a high rank shifter to the town tomorrow to investigate further." Claire growls at him and he flinched while giving an apologetic look. I lean back against James' chest as I think, "Does that mean we gotta leave now?" I look to James who nods his head slowly, "It would be best." "No it wouldn't." Claire speaks up and we all turn to her, "Send James away to get his demon scent off of you and you stay here. If the investigator comes by just say he is off on a business trip for construction." She leans back in her chair as we sit in silence. Its the most she's ever spoken.

"Fine." James is first to break the silence, "I'm not going far though." I can't help but frown, "I don't want you to go.." I pout and he sighs softly, "I won't be gone..just out of sight." I nod my head slowly and turn back to Claire who has a slight smile on her lips, "I have a place in the woods where he can stay.. not too far from the apartment Derek and I share." I don't miss how her eyes linger on James. "I don't know.." I frown to myself and Claire rolls her eyes, "Don't be so selfish. You want to protect him and yourself right?" She snaps and I nod my head quickly as I sigh softly. I ignore the pain in my chest as I huff, "F-Fine.. He can go.." James presses a kiss to my head and I turn to straddle his lap, my face burying in his chest as I hug him tight.

"It's settled. Show me the place I'll stay at while Olivia stays here and washes my scent out of everything." James taps my thigh for me to stand up but I only grasp him tighter. "No." I whisper softly as I bury my face in his neck. He chuckles softly and stands up but I keep my rip on him like a koala, refusing to let go. "C-Can we talk?..please?" I peek up at James who only watches me with an amused face for a second before nodding his head, "I'll be back." He looks to Derek who nods his head.

I close my eyes and listen to his footsteps as he carries me to our bedroom. I squeal as he flops down on the bed with me on top. I brace my hands on his chest before pushing myself up to sit on him, "I don't like her.." My lips turn to a pout as I look down at my hands. His hands move to draw soothing circles on my thighs, "Me neither but you gotta stay safe, babygirl." I blush at the nickname before leaning down to rest my chin on his chest, our eyes connecting, "Y-You'll visit every night, right?" I look away as tears sting the corners of my eyes, "A-And give me kisses b-before bed?" His thumbs gently swipe away my tears as he leaves a gentle kiss on my forehead, "And I'll hold you until you fall asleep, Princess." My lips curve into a smile as he leaves a kiss on them,"And you won't touch, look, or breathe near that.. b-bitch?" I puff my cheeks as he laughs and nods his head, "Yes, babygirl." I smile brightly before wrapping my arms around his neck, "If she does anything then you let me know so I can beat her up." He laughs loudly this time, his eyes crinkling at the sides. My cheeks turn red as his hands wipe at his eyes, "Daddy.. I'm serious.." I pout as I watch him slowly calm down, his chest heaving under me. "I know baby but your so little.. Your threats are nothing but adorable." He teases as he places a kiss on my lips again. I cross my arms and look down at him, "I-I can be very scary when I need to be." I narrow my eyes at him but he only watches me with a smirk, amusement shining in his eyes.

"Show me your mean side, babygirl." His arms raise behind his head as he watches me, "Be scary, Olivia." I pout as I squirm in his lap, obviously not ready for him. "I-I..well..u-um.." I bite my lip as I look at his chest and draw nervous circles, "I-I'm not mad right now so I can't." I shyly look up at him and he sighs softly. "I bet Claire can be mean on command.. She can be a good girl for her Daddy." He frowned as he sucked his teeth. My eyebrows furrow as I slap my hands down on his chest, "And what the heck is that supposed to mean? Huh?" He only shrugs and raises his hands in defense, "I'm just saying that Claire is better at being mean and scary is all.." he trails off at the end and I gasp softly, "Well excuse me for being a good girlfriend and a nice person in general!" I stab a finger against his chest harshly, "Claire isn't shit to you and will never be." I lean down until our noses touch, "You are mine and only mine and if you even think for a second that she will be anything more than a fucking neighbor then I will snap your fucking balls off to shove into her stupid ugly eye sockets!" My breathing was heavy as I looked down at James who had a stupid grin on his face. "S-So wipe that stupid grin off your face. Your not leaving me." I sit back up and cross my arms as I push my nose in the air, turning my face away from him. "Stupid bitch.. testing me.. I'll show'em.. I will.." I grumble to myself as I cross my arms tighter.

His warm hand grabs my chin to turn my face to his, a bright smile spread across his face as his eyes shine with pride. "There's my little demon." He cooes softly, making my heart melt slightly, "Such a scary little thing, yes?" He pulls me down into a tight hug which I more than gladly accept. "I like seeing my little girl all big and bad." I blush as I look up at him, my chin resting on his chest, "W-Well she is a butthead and needs to be put in her place." I huff softly as he chuckles quietly, "Yes she is." He smiles and I can't help but giggle at him.

A loud knock interrupts us and I sit up on his lap, "Yes?" The door swings open and Claire eyes us for a moment, "It's time to go." Her words were clipped as she eyes me before turning away and walking out the room. I huff loudly and cross my arms, "Bitch." James's hand slaps my butt hard, "Watch your mouth." He scolds and I pout, "But you let me before.." He gives me a warning look as he sits up with me, "Do you want to be punished right before I leave? Hm?" I ignore the heat flooding to my core as I shake my head no, "No Daddy.." His hand come down harshly on my other butt cheek, "Yes you do." I gasp softly and turn my head away, hiding my blush, "Daddy..stop..." I whine softly as he chuckles and stands up with me around him still.

"You gotta let go, babygirl."

"Never."