14

"As much as I do truly enjoy your company Derek," I turn around with tea in my hands and pass it to Derek and his new friend, "I think it would be best not to visit each other unannounced." He chuckles dryly while scratching the back of his head, "I-I suppose your right." He nods his head and the girl next to him remains silent. "Fucking dumbass." James grumbles under his breath as I grab my tea and put down a steaming cup of coffee for him. "So why don't you introduce yourself?" I elbow James before turning to the girl who's attention was focused on the window. "Claire." She slowly dragged her eyes to meet mine and I gave her a warm smile, "Well I'm Annette and it's very nice to meet you." She doesn't return the smile.

"Fuck formalities. Explain what the hell you were doing inside my house." James coffee mug sat empty on the table as he crossed his arms tightly. "Looking for her." Claire grumbles and pokes her finger towards me with a slight disgusted look on her face, "He said he needed to see her." I turn to James who's face matches Claire's as he looks to Derek. "I-I wanted to introduce Claire and Annette to each other b-because they u-um.." he nervously looks down at his hands and Claire's turns her eyes from me to look over at him, she grabs his hands in here, "Dont do that. Sit up straight. Strong." Her voice was low but it was no use in the silent kitchen. Doing just as he was told, Derek quickly sat up and held her hands.

"I-I have bad anxiety a-around people a-and..um..I-" His eyebrows furrow as he stops himself and looks out the window instead, "O-Our first meeting wasn't very appropriate and I wanted to say s-sorry for what I did. I took my medicine and it t-throws me off a lot.." He shamefully hung his head low and Claire nodded her head slowly. "Derek." I get out of my chair and move to his side, "It's not your fault and I can tell that wasn't the real you." I rest my hand against his arm and slowly rub circles, "From What I've seen," He lifts his head up to face me, "Your a sweet and caring guy who just needs somebody to keep close." I smile warmly and he nods his head with a light smile.

"Anyway," James interrupts and I frown at him as I walk back to my seat, "So you broke into my house and sniffed my girlfriend's thong because you wanted to introduce your friend?" His expression was stoic but his eyes screamed with rage. "N-No! I-I wasn't thinking and i just smelt something nice and got curious-" "You can smell my underwear from outside?" I raised my eyebrow and he nodded his head before Claire gave him a harsh glare which made him flinch, "N-No I smelt u-um.. I smelt-" "burning." "Yeah burning and was just checking." Claire messily tries to save him and I look at James who has a tired hand over his face. "This is fucking.." he grumbles to himself lowly before sighing loudly. "I'm going to bed. Fuck it." He grumbled lowly, "Try anything and I'll fucking snap your necks." He stands before leaning down to kiss my head and walk out the kitchen and down the hall. "I'll be listening, cunts." The door stays ajar as he walks into our room.

"I'm sorry he's so mean." I sigh softly and Claire only eyes the door for a minute before turning her attention back to the window. "It's fine. Thank you for being so kind." Derek's cheeks flushed pink as he looked at his lap them up at me, "I-It's refreshing.." his voice softened and I leaned closer, "Has your life been rough?" Derek hesitates to answer and looks to Claire who seems to be lost in her own headspace. "Derek. Look at me." His eyes snap to mine, "Who hurt you?" I slowly reached across the table and grasped his shaking hands in my own.

The room was silent for a minute as we only stared in each other's eyes before he sighed softly. "We are not normal people.." He went to look at Claire but I grasped his hands tighter, keeping his eyes locked onto mine, "What do you mean?" His eyes turned glassy, "Claire has PTSD from what happened from the time we were born to even now.. She can't focus for more than 30 seconds and tends to space out as an escape.. I can calm her down when she has attacks but I can't heal her.. she won't get help a-and I have bad a-anxiety myself which isn't much help to her a-a-an.." he cut his ramble off as he looked down at our hands which where violently shaking. "Derek. Look at me." I grip his hands tighter to grab his attention. "Breathe in...out..in..out.." His eyes fluttered close as he followed my instructions until his body calmed. "Do you want to stop for today?" I couldn't help the wobble in my voice but he ignored it as he shook his head, "No..I need to get this off my chest..please." His voice was weak but his face held strong and stoic. "We were taken into a government program right after being born. Most of my life I'd seen white walls and white coats.. until they introduced me to her." He motions to Claire who still seems spaced out. "Everyday we were tested on our..talents." He cleared his throat, "Claire was very talented but her own mental scarring got in the way so they threw us out and gave us our jobs.. They haven't contacted us in twenty years.." he sighed softly and ran a hand down his face. "When did they leave you both to yourselves?" He shrugged, "She was ten and I was twelve." I gasped and put a hand over my mouth. "I'm so sor-" he held a hand up to cut me off and stood up. "It's fine.." his eyes moved to Claire as he let out a sigh, "'bout time we left anyway..." He motioned to Claire who sagged in her seat but eyes remained locked on air.

The walk to the door was silent but comfortable. I slowly helped him dress Claire who seemed dazed out. "If you ever need a shoulder, hand, arm, anything.. Just let me know." I pulled him into a tight hug which he more than returned, making me burst into giggles. His cheeks glowed pink as he pulled back, "S-Same to you.. Put it on my life I'll always be there to help." He held up his pinky and I gladly accepted his promise. "Please be safe." He nodded before picking Claire in his arms and walking out the door, "Bye." He disappeared down the road as I slowly closed the door.

"Well that's fucked up." I screamed loudly as I turned around to a tired looking James. "Don't scare me, dummy!" I slapped his bare chest before crossing my arms and walking back to the room which he was more than quick to follow. "Here I am thinking I'll have you all to myself for the night only for two dickheads to break into my house." He grumbled to himself as he crawled back into the bed, "Ribs and your thighs? That would be asking for too much." He growled as he laid on the bed with his arm covering his eyes. I couldn't help but laugh, "You might have a fetish for my thighs and meat." I tease and he peeks out to nod his head with a smirk, "I enjoy biting both." He flashes his canines and I gasp softly, heat weeping into my core. "H-Hush!" I turn away to hide my cheeks as he laughs behind me.

"Pervert."