Chapter 24: House Husbands: Part 4

Summary:

Recently discharged from hospital, Alec is planning to spend a quiet weekend alone. It's only when the phone rings that plans are changed and he has an unexpected visitor.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."

Notes:
NSFW Warning 💖

"Don't you think we should get up now?"

Alec grumbled as his nose buried into Magnus' neck. They had only planned to go back to his quickly and had ended up snuggling on the sofa for an hour. Despite it only being early afternoon, they were wrapped up in the warmth of each other and were close to falling asleep. Alec played with Magnus' hands, taking in everything about them and mapping out every mark.

Magnus mumbled with his eyes closed and licked his lips.

"We should be getting to mine but I'm so comfy. Can't we just stay here?"

Alec twirled the rings around Magnus' fingers, pulling one off and putting it onto his own thumb. He sat up and turned Magnus' head, kissing him softly and hitting his leg as he laughed.

"Right! Come on!"

Alec rolled off Magnus' side and strolled across the room. He grabbed Magnus' satchel off the table and his shoes from the floor, chucking them over the back of the sofa.

"You're such a spoilsport!"

"Am not! You wanted to go to yours so move your butt!"

Magnus stood up, stretching his back as he watched Alec run around excitedly and throw things into his backpack.

"Alexander? Do you know where my shirt is? I can't see it anywhere."

Alec laughed as he walked around the sofa and moved the throw cushions around.

"You better find it!"

"What do you mean 'I better find it'?! You're the one who threw it somewhere!"

Alec groaned.

"I'll find it when you drop me back tomorrow morning. Just go upstairs and borrow one of mine- but I better get it back!"

Magnus crossed his arms as he ran to the bottom of the stairs.

"Hypocrite! You keep stealing my rings! I've lost like four to you! I wouldn't worry, anyway. We don't exactly have the same style."

Alec was wrapping up his phone charger when Magnus came back downstairs wearing his zip-up hoodie. He looked up for a second before turning back to his bag.

"You'll be boiling in that!"

Magnus laughed as he flapped the sleeves which hung down over his hands. He walked up behind Alec and curled his arms around Alec's waist.