B L O C K E D   A N D   B A R R E D

      Kuma lead me astray from the Hokage Tower and deeper into Konohagakure. He never let go of my arm as we descended the stairs through grey stone hallways, before reaching a metal door. He knocked and waited patiently.

      "Don't struggle against Inoichi," murmured Kuma. The door opened to reveal two men in black attire standing next to a large scroll. The one that I suspected was the infamous Inoichi Yamanaka had blonde hair tied up into a pony tail and stood next to Tsunade whilst the other man with an eye patch watched sceptically. 

      Tsunade acknowledged me with a simple nod of the head, "Inoichi, this is Hikari―if she says who she claims to be, then we'll have to track Madara Uchiha down faster while members of the Akatsuki are still alive."   

      Kuma guided me towards the large scroll, he inclined his head slightly towards Tsunade and Inoichi, I kept still and looked straight ahead. Kuma's grip tightened on my arm slightly but I didn't react.

      "My jutsu will work better without the mask," Inoichi suggested.

      My lips pressed together in a thin line but I did as asked. I removed the Hannya mask and it disappeared in a cloud. I followed Inoichi's silent instructions as he gestured for me to kneel in front of him while he placed right palm on my forehead. His left hand remained in the customary position with two fingers pointing upwards.

      "Just relax," Kuma advised.

      Behind my eyelids, I was thrown into my memory bank. Around us, silent images and stills moved before being replaced by more memories of all sorts―Inoichi's memories of choice were those that circulated around Madara, Izuna and Matsumi.

      I wasn't comfortable with a stranger lurking around my head and prying through my darkest thoughts, but if it was going to help me track down Madara faster, then I couldn't argue.

      "Your memories consist of you during adolescence, there's a block on the part of your brain that may hold the key to your sealing. Don't worry, I won't look at anything without your permission," Inoichi's deep voice echoed through my mind.

      Suddenly, like I was thrown into an ice bath, I felt my insides freeze up as memories resurfaced, memories that I'd obviously suppressed before my sealing. I groaned slightly as my temple started to throb. Inoichi told me to relax again and allow his jutsu to penetrate my mind.

      Madara was the successor to the Uchiha after Tajima's death. He waged war against the Senju which none wanted; Uchiha fought blindly and without cause, all for the sake of upholding their birth-right. We stood on a bloodied battle field with dead Uchiha and Senju cast around us. Madara was up against Hashirama, and Izuna with Tobirama.

      I knew in my heart that I would have to choose who to align myself with. 

      Izuna and I had just recently turned seventeen and I still hadn't achieved the Mangekyou Sharingan, even after experiencing all of the death and mar around me―Izuna rarely used his visual prowess but Madara used his to the fullest and tried to overpower the Senju's resilient chakra supply. 

       "Madara-Sama, we've proved ourselves enough," I sheathed my sword. 

      Since Tajima's death, the pressure of the two branches imploded and Madara felt the only way to regain stability was through brute strength. Something inside him had snapped. 

      He was blinded with anger and attempted to drown out my pleas with fire. I made the necessary hand signs and sucked in a deep breath, "Katon: Goukakyuu no Jutsu!"