十一

B I N G O   B O O K

[Time Skip]

      I had no complaints when Tsunade ordered me to remain house-bound until further notice, I didn't even dare venture past the arch. 

      The sliding door opened and I reached for the silver katana that lay by my side. It was instinctive, like all of my movements, but I didn't remove my eyes from the Zen garden. I watched the Koi bend their tails to the mid-morning sun and ignore the intruder behind me. 

      Naruto waved awkwardly at me with Kuma shadowing him, though, my trusty ANBU didn't spare a glance my way, he just slid the door shut. 

       "Your guard must have a pole stuck up his arse," Naruto jerked his thumb towards the door and took a seat next to me. I just nodded. "I have to thank you for pointing Nagato out to me, if it wasn't for you, Kakashi Sensei wouldn't be here. I wanted to see if you're okay anyway."

      "Don't thank me," I reclined.

      "If you hadn't told me about Nagato, I wouldn't have stopped Pein," Naruto scratched his blonde hair. "I mean, you didn't have to be here for the village but you were."

      I didn't respond, I just narrowed my eyes at the little pond. The three black koi reminded me of Tomoe in the Sharingan; they swam in a clockwise direction around a circular ball that was shrouded in glass pebbles. 

      "So," Naruto attempted to divert the awkward atmosphere. "Granny Tsunade tells me you're some sort of prodigy, how come you have the Sharingan and can form that huge thing?"

      I sighed―resistance seemed futile with the boy. I looked back out at the koi in the pond and pulled the tie from my hair, allowing it to fall around me like a veil. I wrapped the elastic around my fingers and smirked slightly. 

      "My mother, an Uzumaki shrine maiden, strategically married an Uchiha so she could give birth to me; I'd be the missing link between the two."

      Naruto's blue eyes held confusion; I just rolled mine and continued with the story.

      "Despite this, I was treated abnormally regardless of what intent my parents had for me. Choju sacrificed herself to the Reaper God, Shinigami, for it to be sealed inside of me. I'm like you Naruto, even though I don't harbour the Kyuubi, the beasts inside us share a common hatred," I placed a hand over his stomach and closed my eyes.

      I could feel the Kyuubi's chakra spike. When I opened my eyes I stood in front of a gate in a dimly lit dungeon, the Kyuubi's red irises stared back at me as he laughed―an orange paw tried to lash at the bars.

      "You have it all wrong, vessel," Kyuubi snarled. "You are the beast that haunts these lands, you're an abomination of Uchiha and Uzumaki―Choju couldn't possess me so she settled for the next best thing, come out and show yourself Shinigami!"

      My heartbeat in my ears for a moment as Shinigami was unwillingly dragged into view. Its silhouette loomed over me, pointing its knife at Kyuubi, "Watch your tongue before I cut it off. . .Kurama."

      Naruto stood next to me, his head spinning from Shinigami to Kyuubi. Sweat collected on his brow as he pulled a loony facial expression.

      "Shinigami," Kyuubi growled. His white fangs glistened with saliva as it crouched lower towards the bars of its prison. "It's been a while my old rival, it's a shame that I was made from man's hatred and have no soul for you to take."

      "Don't forget you have a Jinchuriki," Shinigami's irises shifted towards Naruto; which made the boy jump and fall onto his arse. "But I won't end his life, he reminds my vessel too much of Hashirama. You're such a sentimentalist Hika–Chan, you should know better."