三十九

H I K A R I :   R A B B I T    G O D D E S S !

         Since the sealing arches were broken, Matsumi's limp body hovered ― lifeless. Her skin melted away to reveal White Zetsu. Its form also seemed to disintegrate and left behind a small circular orb. Beneath the sphere was a shadow of a woman, one that matched Shinigami in appearance and size. 

     Kaguya Otsutsuki. 

      She was a mass of white, resembling the purity in which she was conceived. Her white hair, skin and robe gained a slight pinkish hue from the Infinite Tsukuyomi. Though, her nails were stained crimson. 

     Shinigami's chakra roiled in my gut. 

      "Who dares to take my place?" her voice was a mixture of sensuality and softness. 

        I lowered myself from floating with Madara and landed on my haunches in front of Naruto and Sasuke, "That would be me." 

     "Ah! Creepy witch!" Naruto flinched. 

     His remark caused me to roll my eyes. Despite being gifted by the Sage of Six Paths, Naruto still had the maturity of a teaspoon. 

      Kaguya cocked her head at us. Her ghostly perfection seemed to influence the male Shinobi; they visibly drooled over her and loosened the grip on their weapons as she hovered above the earth. Kaguya seemed aware of her beauty as she smiled warmly down at them, causing a few factions to kneel in submission. Though, Kakashi, Kuma and our group strengthened their stances. 

      She inhaled, floating closer to me, "Interesting. . .it seems like someone attempted to recreate a perfect being between the Uchiha and Uzumaki. . .what is your name?" 

      "Hikari," I cracked my knuckles. 

      Kaguya licked her plump lips and continued to grin, "Your name. . .it translates to 'light'. It seems fitting since my son has tasked you with bringing light to this cursed world." Her eyes skimmed over my body, narrowing in distaste. "You have the grace and poise to your movements but. . .you're too rough around the edges to be the Rabbit Goddess. Hagoromo must've picked the wrong subordinate to entrust his will. . .especially to someone that holds Shinigami! Come out you fool!" 

      "There's no need to criticise, Kaguya," Shinigami loomed over me as he pointed the knife. "You're insulting yourself; Hikari here is your transmigrant. You might not think she's the Rabbit Goddess, but she's more pure than what you ever could be."

       "Shinigami," Kaguya cracked her neck from side to side. "How I haven't missed your sharp tongue. I expected my reincarnation to be. . .different. Though, I am curious if you can contain my power."

       Naruto and Sasuke amped up their power from Hagoromo in preparation to face Kaguya. However, I spent my time reading Kaguya's expression. It was a mixture of love and disgust; maybe Naruto and Sasuke reminded her of her children. 

      As if she predicted their movements, she apperated behind them and gripped their throats. Utilising Black Zetsu as her Gudou Dama, she transported herself around within an instant. When I reached to pull them back, another Black Zetsu spurted from Kaguya's sleeve and constricted my shoulders, paralysing me. 

       I narrowed my eyes at the Black Zetsu and its body suddenly melted. The black sludge pooled at my feet in a sizzling heap. I smirked and grabbed the back of Sasuke and Naruto's clothes, yanking them from Black Zetsu and Kaguya.

        "I'll blend all chakra into one, once again!" she shouted as her Byakugan activated.

       Kaguya's hair whirled around her in straight wisps as she charged at me, arms outstretched to kill. I ducked under Kaguya and kicked her towards the fragmented Divine Tree. She floated to a stop and glared at me over her shoulder, that horrid eye of hers moved in her forehead to scrutinise me further.