十六

M I S T A K E N   I D E N T I T Y

      "Unlike others, you were able to tame your hatred. Do you feel better?" Shinigami pointed his knife at his shrunken Yang form. 

      I nodded. I felt refreshed, as if I'd woken up from an eternal slumber. All of the hatred and jealousy I carried had dissipated. 

      "You've worked enough for one day Hika–Chan, the demon chakra is stored above the Six Paths Gateway so you won't be dependent on it all the time. I'm proud of you," he patted me on the head.

      Back in the plain of consciousness, I opened my eyes and raised my forearm to show the others that I was no longer compromised. 

      "Told you she could do it Yamato, she's Uzu after all!" Naruto's body engulfed into Bijuu Mode as he jumped into Yamato's jutsu to fist bump me.

      My hair shifted around me like I was caught in water. I wiped my face with the back of my hand and stepped out of Yamato's jutsu, there was somebody fighting with Kakashi at the entrance. Without hesitation, I allowed the Hannya mask to disappear into a cloud of smoke as I charged from the inner chamber and out the waterfall.

      "Uzu wait, we don't know if there are any lingering affects from absorbing all of this chakra!" Kuma ordered.

       I burst into the clearing to see Kakashi fighting the Venus flytrap from Amegakure, Zetsu.

      "We're too late Zetsu," Obito sat in the crook of a tree overhanging the waterfall. "The Uchiha brat has fully obtained Shinigami's strength. However, the Kyuubi Jinchuriki is there, we might as well seal him now and get it over and done with."

     Zetsu kicked Kakashi into the swirling pond and slipped through the dirt, appearing on the branch next to Obito. I drew my silver katana and ground my teeth together.

      "Oh look Zetsu," Obito pointed at me. "The brat still insists to fight with man-made weapons. Surely Shinigami is too powerful for that. Maybe they miscalculated the worthiness of the vessel."    

      I swooned and dropped to one knee, my body began to ache as if it rejected the chakra. 

      I focused my eyes on Obito and Zetsu as they mocked me in the tree branch. Without warning or provocation, the tree burst into black flames. Amaterasu was amplified in both volume and heat. 

       Both Akatsuki members landed on their feet, Obito spread his hands. "It seems like we've become an inconvenience to you―I hope you're able to tame all of your hatred." Obito and Zetsu disappeared through the portal that Obito's Mangekyou held.

      "Eh," Kakashi huffed. "We should report back to the village. Yamato and Kuma, go and train Naruto and Hikari, we need to make sure that everything is under control." 

[Time Skip]

      I sat in the lotus position in the middle of Yamato's jutsu in the clearing where Kuma and I encountered Madara's clone.

       Shinigami said that I had to converse with Yang Shinigami and make a mutual agreement about his chakra for the door to be open. I thought I'd already achieved that by sealing his chakra inside of me, but apparently not.

      "I warned you," Yang Shinigami growled as he pointed the knife at me. "Even though you have my chakra, you will never be able to control it."

      "I could try," I huffed. "Now come on, Shinigami said you'd be cooperative."

      "My perfect form likes to boast about how lovely he is, I cooperate with no one," Yang Shinigami winced as it sat against the rebuilt arch of his prison. "Though, it would be promising to see how you'd use my chakra."