二十

O R D E R   O F    T R U T H   [PART 1]

[Madara]

      I thought nothing of the body Obito cradled. It was shrouded in his Akatsuki robe. I could only see tufts of hair protrude the collar. I narrowed my eyes and leaned forward in the throne. Had he brought me the Kohaku? 

     No. Inhaling, the scent was unmistakeable. 

     I extended my arm and punched Obito. He skid towards the other side of the alcove and winced. 

     I pulled the cloak from the body to see Hikari, unconscious and bloody. How hadn't I detected this?  

     Her left shoulder was shattered and the rest of her held gaping wounds. I knelt in front of her and swept the wave of hair from her face. Someone had tried to compromise her Sharingan. I gently ran my fingers against the cut across her eyes, thankful to see it was only surface-deep. 

     "What did this?" I snarled. 

      It didn't make sense, if Hikari had been in a battle, the connection between us would've linked her to my mind like when she went up against Tendo Pein. The main point of the jutsu was to keep tabs on her, my mind wandered to that Kohaku bear cub, could his Tsuchigan be that powerful to break my Genjutsu that I'd placed on her?

      From Obito's cloak, he produced a golden katana and threw it at my feet. The heavy sword cluttered to the ground and my fingers tightened around Hikari's limp arms. That was the sword I gave her.

      "That was stuck in her body," Obito growled. "I'm not sure if it's a warning sign, but the jutsu that Zetsu picked up at the valley were mainly lightning, earth and air releases."     

      Blood trickled from the corner of her lips and I could detect a feint scent of earth from her skin―the Kohaku bear cub. Had he done this to her? 

      "I saw a Konohagakure ANBU standing on top of Hashirama Senju's statue when we arrived to scout the perimeter for the Kyuubi Jinchuriki; instead, we found your pet. Shinigami's chakra inside of her is keeping her alive but only just," White Zetsu muttered. "I believe we disturbed the Kohaku before he could extract anything." 

      I bent down and picked up the golden katana with the engraved blade with the dragon emblem. I juggled my Little Uchiha's body in one arm and slid the katana into my own sheath before turning away from the main annex of the compound.

      "There's something else you should know Madara–Sama," Black Zetsu chuckled. "On the mission where we were originally going to obtain the Kyuubi, your pet was there, she attempted to use her Eternal Mangekyou before she collapsed―I could detect Orochimaru."

        I paused for a moment and glanced at Hikari, she had no curse mark on her body from what I could sense. I clenched my jaw as my Hikari's body spasmed in pain; she didn't even have the strength to make a sound. Anger radiated off me as I stalked back to one of the alcoves, the blue aura of my Susanoo caressed me as I lay Hikari down. 

      I crouched on my haunches and just watched her motionless body. I fisted my hands together as my Eternal Mangekyou awakened, my Susanoo took on its armoured form and I used its power to strike the earth beneath me, causing the room to vibrate. This would not be the end of Hikari Uchiha. 

      I leaned against the fence of the training grounds as Hikari went up against Tobirama in a sparing duel. For a woman, she surpassed even Mito when it came to jutsu, especially controlling the amount of chakra needed to keep Shinigami tame.