040

[jacky wants to chat]
[accept ✔️ decline]

jack couldn't explain how nervous he was. worry wracked every muscle in his body, his fear of rejection got ten times worse, all he wanted was to hug zach although he knew he couldn't.

once zach's face popped onto his screen, his smile was evident, unhidden. god dammit, i love him so much, jack kept repeating the words in his head.

'jacky? you wanted to talk?' zach's voice rung through jack's ears.

the curly haired sighed. 'yeah, about that..'

jack was still trying to get over the fact that zach looked absolutely iridescent, even in the simple black tee that adorned his small figure. his hair was spiked up perfectly, few strands falling in front of his flawless skin.

zach interrupted jack's gazing. 'baby? you're staring.'

the older snapped out of his trance, his eyes regaining focus on the fact that he hadn't gotten what zach had said. 'hm?'

'i said, you're staring.'

jack could only chuckle. 'oh, i know.'

'and why're you doing that?' zach responded, jack couldn't understand as it was a pretty straight forward answer.

the older spoke without thinking. 'you're gorgeous, love.'

jack had absentmindedly let the pet name out– and he recognized it instantly. his entire body went into panic mode, praying zach hadn't caught on.

luckily, his prayers were heard. zach's face flushed its usual bright red, but the younger didn't make anything out of the last word in jack's sentence.

'j, i'm not that pretty,' was all he muttered.

the fact that those words left zach's mouth made jack nearly want to cry. 'zach, baby, you're beautiful okay? who in hell told you you weren't?'

zach looked down. 'uh, kids at my school?'

jack scoffed. 'well then they're wrong. very wrong. anyone who tells you you're not the most beautiful thing on this entire planet deserves to go to hell. people should dream of being as stunning as my baby.'

zach's heart was fluttering so hard it could've flown right out of his chest. 'stop it, jack you're gonna make me fucking cry.'

at the words, some odd sort of wave of confidence crashed through jack's system, one that had never appeared before, one that had never even seemed anywhere near real until this exact moment.

'you know what, zach?' he smiled foolishly. 'fuck it. i love you, i love you so damn much, and anyone who tells you you aren't enough can literally come to my house and i'll beat the shit out of them. you're perfect, zach. you're perfect.' as soon as he stopped speaking, jack took an extremely sharp inhale, holding in the breath, eyes broadening wider than he thought was humanly possible.

zach was speechless. jack was stunned by his own words. what had he just said, and why? and what had come over him? the two were so confused they stayed completely silent for a solid thirty seconds until zach's small murmur was heard.

'w-what did you say, jack?'

the older couldn't even make eye contact. 'i– i said i love you, zach. i really do.'

jack lifted his head, connecting gazes with the boy across the country. zach couldn't find words to say, all he could possibly be able mumble was the eight letters he'd been longing to say.

'i– i love you too, jack.'

jack was taken aback. 'really?'

'mhm,' zach nodded nervously. 'you make me feel so special, jack. i've never met a boy so devoted to me, who actually enjoys my company, who accepts me for who i am.. that one week without talking to you was the lowest week of my life. i didn't know i could get so attached to someone that when trying to go without them could literally almost kill you.. i'm nothing without you, jack.' zach's voice was vulnerable, nearing the edge of being inaudible with every word. 'i love you so much.'

'zach, love– wait can i call you that?'

zach blushed profusely, lips curving upwards. 'you can call me anything, jack. anything you call me is perfect.'

an idea flowed through jack's mind, a slight smirk appearing on his face. 'then can i call you mine?'

zach's eyes bulged, his chest heaving into his torso. he buried his head in his hands, taking a deep breath, before looking back into his lover's eyes. his voice was small, practically incoherent. though jack will always be able to hear him.

'i– yes.'

the two couldn't keep in their smiles. they were both happy messes, this is exactly what they've wanted and now they have it; the boys don't know what to think.

'so like– we're together now?' zach asked, still unsure if he was dreaming or not.

jack grinned at zach's words, loving the way they sounded. 'yeah, love, we're together now.'

the older watched zach shiver in delight, the boy glowing with excitement. 'i really do love you, jack.'

'i love you too, always.'

-

ok maybe i lied this was the cutest thing i've ever written

is everyone happy now? pls dear lord tell me u are