113

hi so i haven't written a real life scene in months, so if this sucks bare w me

also the rest of this book was written in past tense but i like writing in present tense better, so ima change it just a lil heads up. okay i love u enjoy

-

'hi, babe,' zach giggles as his boyfriend's face appears upon his screen.

'hey, love. you feeling any better?'

the younger snorts, chuckling loudly whilst rolling his eyes. 'i feel absofuckinglutely terrible. but now i can see your face so that's helping.'

jack feels a smile etching onto his cheeks, zach's forever playful and bubbly personality his absolute favourite. the boy's tangled within a burrito of thick blankets, his cheeks a glowing red most likely because of the warmth emanating onto his form. or, since he's sick. perhaps a mix of the two. nevertheless zach looks stunning as always, and jack wasn't expecting otherwise. 'you look adorable,' jack says.

zach's eyes widen in horror. 'i look disgusting,' he corrects, 'but you always think i look adorable. so that's not saying anything.'

'it is saying something, because even though you always look adorable you always look adorable. so it's saying a lot.' jack's determined to change his boyfriend's mindset.

'that makes absolutely no sense, jack.'

'yes it does, baby. i promise.'

their debate is cut short by the twist of a doorknob in zach's room, his mother poking her head through a sliver of opening. 'hi, zach,' she greets, entering the bedroom with a glass in hand. 'i brought you water. who're you talking to?'

'who do you think i'm talking to?' zach asks sarcastically, jack giving her a wave from across the screen.

myta shrugs, smiling towards jack. 'i don't know, forgot you only talk to your boyfriend ever.' she pauses, planting a kiss to her son's forehead. 'anyways, don't want to interrupt your little date.' she quickly scurries out of the door, quietly shutting the door behind her.

zach rolls his eyes, taking a large gulp of his water. 'she's so annoying i swear to god.' his sentence ceases for a moment, before a light bulb erupts in his head and without hesitation he continues. 'but she's still great, you know. since what you went through was like, a million bajillion katrillion times worse.'

he looks to the side, placing the now empty glass of water onto his desk beside his bed. the small boy's quite relieved as when his eyes flicker to the left, as a wide grin is plastered upon jack's face.

'you're very thoughtful, love,' jack says, 'and i appreciate that.'

it's as if he's hit with a train when a wondrous idea slams into zach's mind. his head jolts to the side, and he immediately shifts the mood of the conversation as words begin to spill out his mouth. 'oh my god, jack!' he bounces up and down on his bed, clapping with too much joy. 'i just got the best idea ever and this is- oh my god it's literally the best idea ever.'

a confused jack raises his eyebrows. 'and the idea is..'

'we're gonna play a game. and basically, you've probably heard of it before. simon says.'

jack sighs, as who knows what kind of absurd shit his boyfriend's gonna make him go through. 'yes, i've definitely heard of that.'

the younger bursts into a fit of squeals, completely overjoyed. 'okay, so you're gonna do exactly what i say except you only do it if i say simon says before the action. got it?'

jack nods hopelessly. 'got it.'

the corners of zach's mouth stretch impossibly further, a smirk creeping upon his lips as he dwells upon what he's about to do. 'perfect. so, simon says no speaking! and simon also says to get out of bed.'

the older groans, forcefully hauling himself off the bed, being sure to accentuate the fact that he's extremely lazy and doesn't want to move.

zach giggles, setting fireworks to jack's heart. he'll never get enough of that laugh. 'simon says, put your phone on your desk so you're hands-free. but make sure i can see you.'

jack looks around his new room in eben's apartment, ultimately placing his phone atop the dresser him and the blond installed yesterday. he childishly makes jazz hands in the air, signalling that he's hands-free and ready for the next action.

the texan boy covers his mouth with a hand, attempting to put an end to the laughs escaping his form. 'okay, now.. simon says take off your shirt, and throw it across the room.' zach finally gives in, exploding in giggles as jack's jaw hangs agape at zach's ridiculous request.

'baby, this is so stupid-'

'hey!' zach interrupts, 'simon never said you could talk!'

jack shoots a disappointed glare in zach's direction, slowly pulling off the plain graphic white t-shirt adorning his figure, the blue car sewn to the front of it folding as the shirt crumples up. his protruding abs glisten in the sunlight once the shirt flies to the opposite side of the room, jack left only in a pair of vintage blue jeans, ripped at the knees.

zach practically moans at the sight, falling over into his stack of blankets as he gawks at jack's muscles. 'god, now simon says to literally stand there and not move and let me stare at you because the sun is hitting you perfectly and my god you're so fucking hot.' he nearly screams. 'oh my god, you know the panting bright red emoji with its tongue sticking out and sweat dripping on its left side? that's so me right now.'

jack firmly places his hands on his hips, waiting for his next command.

zach's still gushing over the sight before him. 'okay fine, go get your shirt now.' once jack mutters a faint finally and begins to head over to where his shirt is sprawled, zach instantly puts his movements to a halt. 'jack, come on! i never said simon says!'

mouth dropping open once again, hands wipe down jack's face as he tries to take in what zach's putting him through. this is complete and utter outrageousness.

after another maybe- five seconds, the older gives up and heads towards his phone, picking it up and admiring the state of pure happiness zach's in. this sheer stupidity brings too much entertainment to the boy. 'you're so silly, baby,' jack says, shaking his head in dismay.

'you love it though,' zach argues, and jack can't deny that.

'i do love it though,' he agrees, and decides not to ask whether zach's feeling better or not, for the everlasting smile represented on his cheeks explains all jack needs to know.

-

this was so cute and i enjoyed writing it sm 🥺