080

zach humphed as his eyes fluttered open, groaning until he realized where his body was set.

'hi, my love,' jack whispered soothingly, pressing a gentle kiss to zach's forehead. 'you look so beautiful when you sleep, baby.'

nuzzling his nose impossibly further into jack's chest, zach muttered, 'shut up, babe.'

'i'm never going to stop complimenting you, darling. for as long as we live.'

zach cleared his throat. 'as long as we live?'

'forever and always, my love.' jack lay down beside zach, placing their faces directly across from one another. he snaked his hands across zach's back until they met one another, lacing his own fingers together. a smile tugged his lips as he planted a lengthy kiss to his boyfriend's lips.

zach could sense vulnerability slowly washing over him, little by little a feeling of consumption taking over his body. all he wanted was jack.

'b-babe,' he stuttered against jack's lips, 'c-can you promise to keep me safe? hold me tight and don't let go,' zach murmured, words decreasing in volume as they continued.

jack could have melted. 'zachy..' a wide grin emerged onto his face. he knew zach was looking for an answer. 'i, jack avery, promise i'll protect you through thick and thin. i'll hold you securely within my grasp, i'll guard you from anything and everything. i will always be there, my love. always.'

staring insecurely into jack's honey-glazed orbs, zach's filled with tears, swishing from side to side on the underside of his eyes until they trickled down his cheeks like rainwater atop a window. the older boy happily kissed each and every tear that slid down zach's face, ceasing them from reaching the bottom half of his reddened skin.

the pair rested in this exact position, repeating their actions continuously up to the time where tears pooled jack's eyes, and the two sobbed together, in their lover's arms, crying softly simply at the presence of one another.

'i love you,' zach breathed out, coughing up a weep as he only held on tighter.

jack left uninterrupted pecks to zach's lips, feeling his boy smile as he did himself. 'i love you so so much, baby,' he uttered faintly.

'thank you for loving me, jack,' zach's eyelids were silky smooth covering his irises, indicating his sleepiness.

jack cooed as a final tear dripped down his cheek. 'i'm never going to stop, my love,' he mumbled in a hushed tone as both him and zach were swept into dreamland.

-

they had their cry date :')

also uh, my birthday is in an hour