054

immediately as corbyn heard the door's lock twist, he leaped out of his seat on the couch towards the entryway. daniel's styled brown hair popped through the entrance, a large paper bag clasped within his hold.

mercilessly, corbyn threw himself into daniel's arms, lucky that daniel had quick reflexes, catching the older before he had the chance to potentially fall over.

'warn me next time, corby,' he smiled, his hands snaking around corbyn's waist, pulling the blonde into a warm hug.

corbyn wriggled out of daniel's grasp, pouting slightly, still smirking. 'sorry, dani, i missed you.'

daniel's heart burst in delight.

the blonde grabbed daniel's hand, dragging him into the living room and onto the couch, without hesitation reaching for the bag in daniel's hand.

daniel retracted his arm, keeping the carrier close to his chest. 'woah woah woah, corbs. you can wait.'

corbyn crossed his arms, groaning. 'fine.'

'okay,' the bruntette started, a grin plastered onto his cheeks, 'i got us matching hoodies.'

eyes glowing, corbyn's jaw dropped. 'really?' he was questionable on whether daniel was telling the truth.

though daniel did nod, saying, 'yup. and they're custom too.'

corbyn couldn't figure out what to think.

he took two black sweatshirts out of the bag, discarding it onto the floor beneath them. corbyn was flustered, he didn't understand what was happening, or why. why had daniel gone so all-out for him? 

unfolding the hoodie revealed small white stitching, the logo embroidered onto the front mesmerizing to corbyn.

it was saturn, its rings prominent, defining. enclosed within the enormous hoops were large music notes, just to the side a small star connected to another one of the musical symbols. it was a perfect representation of the two boys: space meets music.

'dani..' corbyn spoke softly, rubbing the string gently with the pad of his thumb. the gesture was so simple; yet incredibly meaningful, astonishingly well thought out. corbyn was exasperated.

'do you like it?' daniel quesioned aimlessly, already knowing the answer.

corbyn's eyes averted upwards to meet daniel's, beaming. 'are you kidding, dani? i love it.'

the blonde picked up the sweater, stretching it out to see its full size. 'can i put it on, d?'

'yeah, but there's one more thing,' daniel remarked, 'so i thought that like, we could wear each other's for the rest of the week, then like swap when you have to leave? cause it'll remind me more of you and it'll be the same for you too-'

daniel was cut off by the feeling of a body landing on him, obviously recognizing the figure as corbyn's, they were the only two in the house after all. they stayed in the position for a while, the feeling of each other's arms around themselves comforting, they didn't want to let go anytime soon.

daniel restrained from planting his lips onto corbyn's temple, the urge driving him insane. the feat was the only thing he could think about- but he held it in, for the soul purpose of the friendship he couldn't dare to ruin. corbyn meant way too much to ruin everything with an awkward and unwanted kiss.

the older was the first to pull away, lips curved upwards as he slipped the warm article on, handing the other to daniel, who followed suit.

the two stood up, running to find a mirror. once they did, the boys admired themselves, admired eachother, admired the fact that this was the corniest thing they could've done. they were absolutely elated. 

'we're so cute, dani,' corbyn stated mindlessly, not realizing the full potential that sentence had.

apprehensively, daniel nodded. 'y-yeah, corbs, we're really cute.'

the blonde smiled a smile so pure that daniel was sure corbyn couldn't be feeling the same way as himself in the moment. there was no possibility all corbyn wanted was to crash his lips onto the younger's, as that was, of course, the only thought daniel could slip through his mind.

little did daniel know, it was exactly what corbyn couldn't help himself from thinking about.

-

so like. i see shawn mendes tomorrow, that's kinda cool