048

'corbs, i turn nineteen in three minutes.'

daniel and corbyn had been on videochat for around an hour now, waiting for the clock to strike twelve in oregon. which did mean it was nearly three am for corbyn, but he needed to be up anyways, so it was fine.

daniel, being the clueless boy he is, completely forgot about the timezone.

'yes, dani, i know. the moment we've all been waiting for,' corbyn smiled at his sarcasm.

the younger scoffed. 'woah woah, we've been waiting for it for an hour. that's a long ass time.'

corbyn shrugged, wrapping himself tighter within the blanket enclosing around his body. he turned his head, looking down to the open faced suitcase laid on the floor, once again checking to make sure he had everything he needed. his heart swelled at the thought of what he was about to do, yet trickled with nerves all at once. this was insane.

'11:59,' daniel began to bounce in his seat, eager. he was unusually excited to grow older, considering it isn't really a heartwarming topic. the brunette boy found it more enjoyable to spend the holiday special to himself with his best friend.

though best friend didn't seem like the right title.

'happy nineteen, daniboy,' corbyn's lips tugged upwards as his phone now showed the time 3:00, indicating it was in fact daniel's birthday in the pacific timezone.

'yeah, feels exactly the same just as i thought it would.' daniel chuckled,, 'imagine if you like, actually felt different? like if you got some sort of super power every year on your birthday?'

corbyn sighed. 'yeah, we can only dream.'

'i'd pick teleportation, you know,' the younger informed, as if corbyn was supposed to have heard this information beforehand.

'really, why?'

the corners of daniel's mouth curved up. 'so that i could come and see you.'

corbyn's heart fell out of his chest. 'daniiii,' he whined, burying his face into the palms of his hands.

'corbs, let me see you. it's my birthday so you have to,' daniel pleaded, now realizing this would be his excuse for the entirety of the day.

the older didn't budge. 'you can't make me,' his muffled voice mumbled through the blanket.

'oh, but i can use my teleportation powers to show up in your room and squeeze the life out of your cute ass.'

corbyn's head jolted up immediately at the words. 'i'm cute?'

daniel nodded. 'yes, in fact, very.'

the blond couldn't hold back his defiant smile, hoping the heat that rose to his cheeks wan't visible through the unforgiving blackness of the night. daniel just had a way of making him feel all warm and fuzzy and cuddly on the inside. it had become his favourite feeling.

corbyn yawned profusely, eyes wanting to shut– although he knew they couldn't. 'd, i'm tired.'

'i can see that,' daniel replied.

'okay,' the older but submissive boy muttered, 'i'm gonna go now.'

'see you in the morning, corbs.'

'mhm,' corbyn bent forwards, ending the call.

instantly another yawn escaped his lips, a smirk resting on them as his mouth came to a close.

'see you soon, seavey.'

-

if y'all don't know what's happening yet–