14

8k reads🤩🤩 thanks y'all

14 — THE SPACE BETWEEN
a strange looking usb was found inside yohan's pocket. the real truth unfolds.

-

"yohan, where did you get this?!"

eunsang looks over the thing seungwoo is referring to, examining it quietly. he has never seen it before in his life, but it does look unusual. the snake head-shaped usb isn't something you'll see in normal stationary stores. the carvings are so well-made, it doesn't look like it's worth for sale. the word 'imnet' could be seen on each sides of the usb. his eyes shift to a very confused yohan, awaiting for his answer.

yohan's mouth falls wide open. "i'm not sure how that ended up in my pocket.."

"yohan, do you even know what this is?"

seungyoun grabs the usb and examines it himself, his expression quickly changes. "this is authentic, you definitely have this for a reason."

"i don't know what that is! i don't even know it was in my pocket!" yohan answers frantically. "what is it anyway, why are you guys taking it so seriously?"

"kid, this is what we're trying to protect you from!" wooseok exclaims, his eyes burning ablaze.

"what is it? what's imnet?" eunsang asks.

"it's a research company that has been stalking us for years." seungyoun explains with a damp expression. "they have plans for people like us and let me tell you, it's not pretty. might as well call it as a specific sector of human slavery."

"they do experiments on you, treat you as lab rats." seungwoo utters. "i've experienced it before. they don't care about the risks, don't care about your wellbeing. all they care about is searching ways to transform themselves into an x1 too."

"and if they're in need of money, they'll rent you to crazy rich people with their own death notes to be fulfilled." wooseok continues.

"that's why we've been trying to search for the other x1 individuals." seungyoun sighs. "it's not because we want to fight back or anything, we just want to make sure that no one ever experiences what seungwoo hyung had experienced, not in our watch."

"so now it returns back to you." seungwoo glances at yohan. "how did you get that? was it from any part of your trip?"

yohan shakes his head. "i really have no memory of retrieving that thing, i've never even seen it before in my entire life."

seungwoo and wooseok exchange glances. seungyoun raises an eyebrow. "before you revealed yourself to wooseok and eunsang earlier this day, do you remember where were you before? where was the last place you teleported to?"

"the desert, somewhere around there."

"how about before you woke up? what were you doing?"

"it was—" yohan stops. "it was.. i swear it was there, it's right at the tip of my tongue, why can't i remember.."

"how could you not remember something that happened barely two days ago?" eunsang asks in concern.

"something's wrong here," wooseok declares. "and i think we're fools for missing such a huge point."

"well, all that we can do now is to check out what's inside the usb." seungyoun shrugs. "who knows? perhaps we'll get our answer."

they all return to school with thoughts lingering inside their heads. seungyoun is the one who felt the most uncomfortable, because he's been trying to calm himself down yet the thoughts of the people around him aren't really a huge help at the moment. what bothers him the most is reading yohan's thoughts, finding nothing but confusion and distress.