39

39 — DISTRESS CALL

it's like walking on thin ice.

"seungyoun-ah~"

eunsang knows the moment he laid his eyes upon seungyoun, for sure he had something bothering up his sleeves. of course seungwoo and wooseok immediately noticed there was something different of the latter. wooseok clears his throat, trying to keep his concerns subtle. "you look.. pale."

seungyoun scrunches his forehead as he tries to maintain his smile. "i'm always pale."

"are you sure you're feeling okay?" seungwoo puts his hand on the latter's forehead, checking on him intently. "i don't think you look well."

"seungyoun hyung really did look unstable in class," minhee mentions a detail.

seungyoun eyes him in judgement. "yah, don't overreact."

"so you are unwell." seungwoo sighs in concern.

dongpyo, noticing daniel's presence when everyone (except eunsang) didn't, decided to greet him properly. "daniel-ssi, i didn't expect to see you here again."

"ah, dongpyo-yah." daniel was quite relieved to finally be included into the narrative. "eunsang, we didn't said a proper farewell the last time we saw each other."

eunsang remembers what he was referring to, that was when junho suddenly spoke something provocative and things started to go out of hand.

daniel turns to wooseok and seungwoo. "and you must be seungyoun-ssi's friends... interesting, seems like the whole team's here."

wooseok did not bother to answer to his complimentary conversation starter— seungwoo however was much more tolerant to strangers. seungwoo nods. "i think we haven't been able to introduce ourselves. my name is seungwoo, and this is wooseok."

"seungwoo, wooseok, it's a pleasure to meet you." daniel says as he bows lightly. "so are you here by dongwook's favor too?"

"yes, we are the substitutes for biology." seungwoo looks at his phone. "but it seems like we're not that tight of schedules at the moment, we only had one and that's for eunsang and dongpyo's class."

"ah really?" daniel turns to seungyoun. "we only got one class for today too, right?"

seungyoun seems distracted. "today? ah.. yeah."

"i guess if that's the case that means my job here is done," daniel smiles in advance. "and it seems like i still got a lot of spare time to redeem, that's great." he glances at seungwoo and wooseok. "any of you up for an early lunch? we could stop at a local restaurant or the mall, if it's already open."

"lunch?" wooseok tilts his head in confusion.

"yes, well.. if you want to, of course." daniel replies shortly. "of course, without our dongsaengs here who still have a half day of school to go through."

hyeongjun frowns. "why can't you go after school? we could have supper together with the whole group.. i wanna go.."

"unfortunately my time isn't that flexible, hyeongjun-ah." daniel tells him as he pats his head gently. "i wish that we could really try to bond with each other some other time." he turns to the hyungs again. "so.. what's your call?"

seungwoo glances at wooseok and seungyoun questionably. he wasn't expecting seungyoun to answer for himself so quickly.

"i think i'll pass," seungyoun raises his hand. "i think i need to go home now, i'm really not feeling well."