46

46 — SAVE ME

nothing is able to stop him.

the road feels further at night.

eunsang wasn't sure if he was going on the right way, all he knows for sure is that aijewon street is located close to xigma, and he regularly passes by the road when he felt like walking to school. he ventures through the quiet neighborhood, his ears were only able to capture the rapid sound of his breathing. I know the place is here somewhere, aijewon, it's right on the tip of my tongue. 100 meters.. 50 meters...

it's here.

eunsang turns to his left, a tint of hope rushes into his veins once he saw the building. there it is. he can't believe the place he passes by everyday, the place junho passes by everyday, turns out to be the place in which he's kept in custody. he looks up to the fairly tall building merely 5 floors tall that looked too modest to be addressed as a modern workplace. the lights of the upper floors were still on, which made eunsang wonder why in the world were there still people working in this late hour. he was about to go in without hesitation when suddenly he felt his arm getting grabbed by an anonymous person, pulling him over to the side.

he yanks his arm, trying to get away. "what are you—"

he catches the sight of the man who held unto him, and immediately in that moment he successfully backed away. he looks at the familiar man standing upon him. daniel..?

his eyes immediately spark in anger. "you knew. you knew about her and you're not even doing anything—"

"hey, look kid. chill." daniel mutters bitterly. "before you make any other false assumptions, please just stop talking. i'm here to save that petty friend of yours, why aren't you cooperating?"

eunsang growls. "well, if you did have the intentions of saving him, you could've done it earlier. you knew the culprit! you know her personally, at least!"

"well the thing is, i didn't." daniel replies shortly, his hand still gripping on eunsang's arm. "seulgi noona's my half-sister, my dad adopted her and, oh god— that snake, never thought she was sugarcoating herself the whole time!"

eunsang looks at him quizzically. "so you didn't know your sister works here?"

"i knew about it, what i didn't know is that she's passionate about her work. the last time when one of you got captured, she was the one who reported it to me— ah, whatever." he pushes eunsang away. "leave. now. let me handle this, we don't want them to catch a single sight of you."

"what are you going to do?"

"save the lightning kid, what else? these documents are worth gold." daniel answers.

"why are you doing it this late at night?"

"because seulgi noona always works at night, that's when she exposes the real side of her." daniel was starting to get annoyed by eunsang's curiosity. "i'll handle this! you'll see your best friend by the morning. but now please just get back home because i bet your hyungs aren't going to be excited by the fact you're here with me this late."

eunsang fights off daniel. "but i wanna come too!"

"are you crazy?! no, you're not taking another step into that building, i forbid you."

"but—"

daniel pushes off eunsang to the side aggressively, causing him to lose his balance and fall down to the ground. eunsang winces in pain and was ready to fight off daniel right on spot, but he stopped himself from doing so because he realizes the reason why daniel pushed him in the first place. a woman comes out from the building, the woman who was with miss kang in eunsang's visions, bringing a big, plastic bag of trash out to the garbage bin. her eyes widen once she catches the sight of daniel, and eunsang was sure that she was not delighted. she clears her throat. "mr kang. i'm guessing you're here to meet your sister?"