32

50k.. thank you so much 😭✨

32 — THE SOUND OF DRUMS

could you hear?
the blood's broiling.

left hand,
stop twitching.
junho-yah.

"daniel-ssi, come here— ah, so you must've met some of my students before? this is quite.. interesting."

daniel approaches dongwook with hyeongjun, dongpyo, and minhee following him from behind. the tall boy grins. "ah yes, i've encountered this kid once in a seminar. kang minhee, right?"

minhee nods enthusiastically. "it's great to see you again, daniel-ssi!"

hyeongjun scrunches his forehead, staring at him quizzically. "since when do you join seminars? all you do is stay at home and sleep like a dead person."

"a few times my mom forced me to come, those sorts of 'productive life' seminars whatnot." minhee answers him shortly. "i forgot what exactly happened in most of them, except for daniel-ssi's seminar. he had those i'm like tt girls as his guest stars, it was more like a fanmeeting than a seminar about living a productive life."

"and i immediately recognized him because he gave the most absurd yet interesting question anyone has ever given me even until up to this date." daniel grins widely.

"and what was the question, if you don't mind me asking?" dongwook chimes.

"how to make money without getting away from bed," daniel rephrased minhee's question that was given to him. "i know, the question's quite wholesome without context. but for a tiny kid like him to ask something so earcatching like that, it really surprised me a big deal."

minhee shrugs. "well, that is the reason why i go to those kind of seminars.."

"that's stupid," dongpyo mutters.

minhee raises his eyebrows. "i beg your pardon?"

"you get money by working hard." dongpyo corrects him. "hardwork really does pay off. maybe you're not aware of that because you've never done so yourself."

daniel glances at him surprisingly. "yah, there's no need to give 'em a slap on the face like that."

"and just by that short conversation, you're able to see how diverse our students' personalities are." dongwook laughs. "wait, please excuse me for a moment. i need to make a call."

and so the principal leaves the conversation, leaving daniel with a bunch of eleventh graders with such curious minds. junho dismisses himself away from the narrative, as he refrains from speaking of his thoughts. he just steals a few glances at daniel as he lets his thoughts brainstorm freely, waiting to strike a move.

"dongpyo-ssi," daniel calls him.

"yes?"

"you really remind me of someone," he tells him with a brightened look. "a hardworking pal of mine, my workpartner. someone who values personal growth more than anyone i know."

"who is it?"

"his name's lee daehwi. a dongsaeng i cherish real deeply too, you got the same aura as him, the same.. center vibe."

"uh.. thank you?" dongpyo has no idea who the guy is talking about, but as long as it's meant as a compliment he nods along anyway.

the boy's large eyes flutter. "daniel-ssi, daniel-ssi!" hyeongjun jumps around excitedly. "is it true that you're the same age as seungyoun and wooseok hyung?"