44

44 — OPEN YOUR EYES

it's the seventh sense.

eunsang never really did like being impeccably useless.

especially regarding junho's case, he'd pour his whole heart out for it. unfortunately his limited set of decisions disables him to do what he wants, and he was not sure which move he'd strike that could end up to junho's guarantee of safety. because of that he decided to ask— or so he could say— the professionals, and hopefully after that he'll be able to help.

after the first set of subjects, he quickly meets up with seungyoun, wooseok, and seungwoo who were apparently hanging out at the school's garden, enjoying the familiar scenery. eunsang heads towards seungyoun. "seungyoun-ah, i hate being useless. i want to help."

seungyoun raises an eyebrow. "help on what, kid?"

"documents, files, publication, anything!" eunsang lifts his hands high in desperation. "something that could help us find junho, anything productive. my hands are getting itchy for not being able to do anything."

seungyoun pauses for a moment before he turns to seungwoo. "hyung, remember that stupid conspiracy i made in which i had you as the object of trial for like, a few hours or so?"

wooseok crosses his arms. "you mean the kamar taj project?"

seungyoun scrunches his forehead. "did we really call it that?"

"well, you said you were inspired by doctor strange, so it's most likely so." seungwoo shrugs. "and yes, i do remember. a few hours of me not being able to move an inch because you told me so. the worse part of it all is that you did not discover anything new."

"hey, we did discover something! we discovered that i don't have the power. but i have a feeling, a small hint of hope that probably he does." he points at eunsang dramatically. "come over here, magic boy."

wooseok groans as he gets up from where he was sitting. "i'm leaving, your high range of stupidity is gradually lowering my iq."

"watch out, wooseok-ah! i'll show you that there's actual sense coming out from my mouth!" seungyoun exclaims before he turns his head back to eunsang. "holy god, please let me be right. i can't let that kid's ego towering me like i'm sort of an useless elf." he glances at seungwoo. "stay there, don't move, you'll be my lab rat again."

seungwoo sighs hopelessly but did not elaborate. he leans against the big tree, following seungyoun's command by keeping as minimum moves as possible.

"what is this about again?" eunsang asks. "what's the kamar taj project? what's this power you're on about and why do you suspect that i have it?"

"seungyoun has been trying to develop this power for a while, though not long after that he gave up." seungwoo explains shortly. "it's the power to not only look into someone's thoughts, but also into the deeper part of their minds— through their darkest secrets and memories they are dying to erase, those were things seungyoun is targeting at."

"unfortunately i've never been able to do so. the only things that i could read of someone's mind is their occurring thoughts and the things correlated with them. if it's a secret that they haven't been thinking about for a while.. it's quite hard for me to read them." he looks up at eunsang. "luckily we have you here who manages to break the boundaries and basically make history unto the x1 system, so i have a feeling you'd be able to do this too.."