43

43 — UNSPOKEN CONNECTION

the pieces are (kind of) coming together.

"i don't care about what you think, all i care about is cha junho!"

eunsang feels like the people he needed the most never appears in the right time, and the person he's referring to now is nam dohyon. he could barely hear what daniel's saying, let alone the anonymous voice in the phone call. he tries to pair up the words he vaguely catches simultaneously as he gathers new words.

"i'm suspecting you? yah, seulgi-noona! i'm only asking you here because you helped me the last time!" his voice arises, making it easier for eunsang to capture. "yes, this is merely just a question, i'm not asking you to interfere or anything."

daniel's face dims. ".. so you haven't heard about it? not even once? noona, please.." he sighs. "alright, alright. but promise me to tell me once you know something, okay? his name is cha junho, and i have a feeling your people would prolly have a soft spot for him, he's cool."

noona, eunsang tries to filter out the chances of who that might be. it seems like it could be anyone.

"okay, okay, i won't bother you anymore. buy you lunch?" daniel laughs. "you expect so much from me, noona. sure, i'll come by to your office this afternoon." he scrunches his forehead. "no? why? the people in your office hates me? haha, i think hate's an understatement." his face that was previously brightened by lighthearted giddiness now turns into a frown. "it won't be long, i'll go there just for a short inspection, you don't have to be there with me— miss kang. miss kang!"

daniel's phone call drastically ended, but that was the moment eunsang was fueled with anxiousness yet also a tint of anticipation. miss kang.. that's it. that's the woman. without even thinking twice eunsang jumps in front of daniel, grabbing his hand tightly. "miss kang!"

daniel was genuinely surprised by his presence. "what?"

"woman, late-twenties, slanted eyes, brown hair, strange looking bangs miss kang?" eunsang tries to describe the woman he's been seeing in his visions, the same woman who was also responsible for yohan's three days of interrogation.

hopelessly thinking that daniel would probably see him as a mad man, he wasn't expecting him to nod so vigorously, so thankfully he did. daniel holds eunsang's hand that was gripping on his other arm. "yes, that's it. kang seulgi."

"she has junho."

that single sentence was enough to make daniel snap out of his comfort zone. he now has both of his hands on eunsang's shoulders, gripping him tightly. "you sure about this?"

"yes, i saw her! she's the one who handled yohan too!"

"that, woman— UGH!" he pushes eunsang to the wall and quickly sprints towards the exit, leaving eunsang alone so suddenly.

"daniel-ssi!" eunsang calls him out and tries to keep up with him, but it seems like what he said to the latter had hit him so hard, daniel looks as if his whole life depends on it. when he reaches the exit, daniel was already in his car, driving away from the school as fast as lightning. there was no use of calling him anymore; daniel was too occupied by the new information he has retrieved to the point he didn't bother to listen to anything else.

eunsang sighs. the good news is he finally gotten a link to the woman he saw in his visions, yet he doesn't know if he was supposed to trust this link of his or not. throughout the few days daniel has been anything but trustworthy, however he did look very anxious the moment eunsang told him about junho's correlation with miss kang. perhaps he's trying to protect junho from her?