41

41 — WHISPERS OF MANY

news anchors have no chance against these people.

this comes from another perspective, the group of friends who did not get enough attention throughout the whole day.

or should they say; the seniors in school but not the seniors in the group.

.. but they are still considered seniors.

yohan forgot how interesting school was, that was until hangyul finally returns to finish the senior year with him, that's when he feels that school wasn't going to be much of a bore after all. hangyul has his skits of making a day more interesting, and yohan — being the mutual crackhead — never fails to bond along with him.

sure it was a great news for the two, but it was definitely not a good news for the teachers. hangyul and yohan, though they had their tension back in the tenth grade, had never exactly argued with each other ever since. they somehow end up being in the same class together for three years, the teachers are mildly concerned as to who's exactly dividing these classes because it was almost unlikely for a student to be at the same class with another student for a streak of 3 years.

hangyul and yohan were hanging out at the quite empty class, playing cards. "hehe, look." yohan shows him one of his cards.

"what?"

"the joker,"  he points at the card. "look at him, he looks exactly like eunsang."

hangyul laughs along with him, when it's suddenly his turn to choose something off yohan's deck. he gestures at him. "give it to me."

"give you what?"

"eunsang-ie."

yohan pauses, then frowns. "AH, I SHOULDN'T HAVE TOLD YOU!"

they were happily continuing their game when suddenly a familiar figure marches towards them. "yah, lee hangyul!"

hangyul turns to see the one who calls him. "ah, if it isn't shortie kim yerim."

"why won't you look at yourself, big guy?" she sits next to them without warning, hitting at the table hard. "i haven't seen you for a while. where have you been?"

"hmm, been out and about." hangyul answers shortly. "life's been a bitch, i wanted to swerve my way out of it but i end up here anyway. i guess dropping out of high school would prolly be a waste of my last 2 years spent surviving here."

yerim turns to yohan. "and how about you, bigfoot? how's life for you?"

yohan notices something is off about her, something definitely off. it wasn't quite visible, but it was quite easy for him to notice. yohan folds both of his arms in suspicion. "you're not supposed to be here."

yerim laughs in defense. "what do you mean? we're classmates."

"it's the second week of august.." yohan looks at his phone. "girlgroup twice just had a comeback merely two days ago. aren't you supposed to bail out of school to cheer for them, sweetheart? capture some pretty pictures from their comeback stage, sana fansite-nim?"

hangyul squints his eyes, nodding. "ah yeah, you have a fansite for sana-ssi, right? i almost forgot. aren't you supposed to go to the mcountdown recording today? plus the fansign?"

yerim smiles uneasily. "ah yes, i'm not supposed to be here right? hahaha. my mom didn't allow me to go for the recordings though, that's why i'm here."

yohan clicks his tongue. "dongpyo-yah, if you're planning on cosplaying kim yerim at least try to be crazier. the girl's out of her mind."

hangyul's eyes widen. "dongpyo?"