40

judging from your responses, i think most of you forgot that this 'miss kang' actually made her debut in this story quite a while ago when there were barely even 20 chapters🤭

40 — WHY SO SERIOUS?

wooseok is not amused.

"get out of here."

daniel raises his eyebrow. "i'm sorry?"

"get out." wooseok repeats again, his voice louder than the usual. "do i need to say it thrice? or does your delusional mind thinks you're way ahead of me to the point you can't bare to hear what i gotta say anymore?"

eunsang stares at the both boys, stunned in silence. he doesn't want wooseok to go off this hard in front of daniel, but it wasn't like he disagrees with him either.

daniel tries to keep it cool, but eunsang definitely notices that wooseok has broken several of his strings. he folds his arms. "i can't help but notice that you've been awfully rude to me throughout the day, and we've only just met. what's your problem?"

"what's my problem?" wooseok sneers. "no one could ever get away from hurting someone i genuinely care about. you ruined seungyoun, i'm not going to let you do that to eunsang."

"bold of you to think that i did something to seungyoun."

"i've known him for almost 4 years now, bold of you to think i don't." wooseok snaps back. "if you mess with my friends, you mess with me. nothing else could top off that."

daniel looks clearly affected by wooseok's constant attacks. he clears his throat, his jaw clenching tightly. "i was only trying to help."

"jokes on you, because from the way i see it i don't think he needs your help." wooseok points at the other way. "get out, before i have to use my hands to do it."

daniel takes a deep breath, and then he proceeds to leave wooseok and eunsang alone in the staircase. before he completely left the scene, he turns around to say his last farewell sentence.

"be careful, i'm not the real enemy here."

wooseok huffs a breath. "never thought you were."

and just like that, the quarrel between the two ends anti-climatically. eunsang's eyes that have been swollen after crying looks up to wooseok, a glance to make sure that he's okay. from the looks of it, he seems shaken.

"hyung.."

"you had to embarrass myself in front of people, did you? who in the world cries in public?" wooseok's tone was meant to insult him, but eunsang knew it was out of concern, so he did not go against him. "not that i'm against with you crying.. but, why were you crying again?"

eunsang pauses, then he lets out a painful sob. "junho.."

fully understanding the situation, wooseok's immediate reaction was to seat beside him and lends his shoulder for him to cry. he pats the boy's back lightly. "it's not fun crying alone, cry with me instead. i make an incredible headrest."

"what about an armrest, hyung?"

"i'll cut off your arm before you even have the single thought of doing it."

eunsang laughs. he leans his head on the smaller boy's shoulder, tears still streaming down his face. "junho-yah.. he's suffering.."

"you saw him?"

he nods. "i got a vision. even if it was for a shortwhile, it was clear enough for me to know what was happening. it was strange because i saw it from his perspective, his conditions are—"