Chapter 6 (Noah)

Noah

I've been running for an hour straight now, and I really need to stop. I haven't eaten anything today yet, and I didn't sleep last night. This is stupid, I'm gonna pass out soon if I'm not careful. But, I just don't wanna stop.

That conversation with Jamie in the park didn't exactly go how I'd planned it to. Well, that's not entirely true. I did plan to pretty much end things with her, which I achieved. I just didn't plan to be such a dick about it.

The fact is, I just can't stop thinking about her with Shaun Campbell. I actually heard them. I heard her calling out his name. No, scratch that. I heard her moaning his name. And it's not okay. I can't get it out of my head, and it's annoying how much it's making me want to sleep with her again and never talk to her again, both at once. I have never wanted a girl the way I want Jamie. It's driving me crazy. It's been driving me crazy since the moment I met her. But, I've had enough now. This needs to stop.   
So, maybe all that drama last night wasn't for nothing after all. At least it got me to here. To a place where I can finally cut ties with Jamie, and just fucking forget about her. I'm doing her a favour, really. Because everything I said to her in the park was true. I don't wanna be her boyfriend, and I know that's what she wants. She's better off without me. She'll be fine. She'll find someone else. Hell, she already has.   

I ignore Madison and Will when I arrive back at my dorm, and head straight for my room, slamming the door shut behind me. Will's knocking on my door and asking me what happened. He'll find out through someone else soon enough. I ignore him and turn over so that I'm lying on my stomach, face planting my pillow. I need to sleep. I need to now.   

*** 

When I wake up, it's dark already. God, how long was I out? I pick up my phone and see that it's almost 8 o clock. Wow, what a waste of a day. I have messages from Will, Zach, Sarah and John. I don't bother reading them. Instead, I open my Track Team group chat.

Me @ NBU Track Team, 19:49pm: Anyone up for a drink tonight?

I rub the back of my neck, hoping that at least one of the guys will be down.

Stefan @ NBU Track Team, 19:49pm: What, you didn't get enough punch at the dance last night? I didn't either. Grill in an hour?

Yes!

Josh B @ NBU Track Team, 19:50pm: I'll come too, anything other than dinner with my girlfriends parents. 

Tristan @ NBU Track Team, 19:50pm: This will mean 5 extra laps in the morning, boys! 

Stefan @ NBU Track Team, 19:51pm: Fine by me! 

Me @ NBU Track Team, 19:51pm: Same. See you guys soon. 

Thank god. I need to go out tonight.

I need to fuck some girl.