Neighbourhood

🍀بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم🍀
ﷺ ♥̸̨͡🍃ﷺ♥̸̨͡🍃ﷺ

STORY
Concern for the Neighbour

Abdullah bin Ukht Muslim bin Sa’d (Rahmatullahi Alaihi) says: “I decided to proceed for Hajj, & my uncle handed me ten thousand dirhams with the instruction that they should be distributed to the poorest household in Madinah Munawwarah. When I arrived, I made enquiries, & was directed to a particular home. I knocked at the door & a woman opened. Upon enquiry of who I was, I replied: “I am from Baghdad & have ten thousand dirhams in my possession. I have been instructed to hand these over to the poorest household in Madinah Munawwarah, & I was directed to your home. Please take them.”

She replied: “The person who sent you with this money specified that it should be given to the poorest household. The family next door is more deserving than us.”

I thus proceeded to the family next door. I knocked & a woman answered. I explained the reason for my coming & she replied, “Our neighbour & us are equally poor. You should distribute the money equally between us.”
🍃🌹🍃🌹🍃

Hadhrat Abu Hurayrah (Radhiallahu Anhu) reports that Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said:
“O muslim women, a neighbour
should never regard
insignificant the small favours
aиϑ kindness she can show
to her, even if she sends
trotters to her.
🍃🌹🍃🌹🍃
The 10 blessed days of Zul Hijja are upon us. Days wherein good deeds are multiplied. It's a perfect time to carry out good actions towards our neighbours & to rectify our relationship with them. Overlook their faults & those moments when they irritate u.
Smile at them, wave cheerily, show concern if they are undergoing difficulty, visit them , send gifts even if a packet of fruit /biscuits.

The importance of our neighbours is emphasised in the following hadith.
Abu Huraira (radiallaahu anhu) reported:
The Messenger of Allah, ﷺ peace aиϑ blessings be upon him, said,
“ Jibraeel kept advising me to
be good to neighbors until I
thought he would make them
my heirs.”
(Sunan Ibn Mājah )
🍃🌹🍃🌹🍃🌹🍃🌹🍃🌹