A Story from the life Hazrat Ali R.A

🍀بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم🍀
ﷺ ♥̸̨͡🍃ﷺ♥̸̨͡🍃ﷺ

A Story From The Life of Ali (radiallaahu anhu):
A Jews Reversion To Islam.

Hazrath Ali (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) once set off for a battle when he noticed that some of his armour was missing. After the battle was over, he returned to Kufah. While in Kufah he one day happened to see a Jew with the same armour he had lost! He immediately confronted the Jew saying, “The armour is mine! Neither did I sell it, nor did I give it away!” The Jew, however, denied this claim & said, “The armour belongs to me & , furthermore, it is in my possession.” On hearing his denial, ‘Ali (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) suggested that they go to the qaadhi (judge). The Jew agreed & they were soon in the presence of Qaadhi Shurayh (rahimahullah).

Qaadhi Shurayh (rahimahullah) asked ‘Ali (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) to present his case first to which he stated, “This armour, which is in the hands of the Jew, belongs to me. Neither did I sell it, nor did I give it away.” Qaadhi Shurayh (rahimahullah) then turned to the Jew & asked him, “What do u have to say, O Jew?” the Jew once again denied the claim saying, “The armour is mine & furthermore, it is in my possession.”

Qaadi Shurayh thereafter turned to ‘Ali (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) & enquired, “Do u have any proof, O Ameerul Mu’mineen?”
‘Ali (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) replied, “Yes! Qumbur & Hasan (radhiyallahu ‘anhu) will testify that the armour is mine.” Qaadhi Shurayh rejected this evidence saying, “The testimony of the son is not accepted when in favour of the father (referring to the testimony of Hasan [radhiyallahu ‘anhu]).”

When the Jew heard the decision of Qaadhi Shurayh (rahimahullah) in his favour, he immediately exclaimed, “The Leader of the Muslims took me to his own judge & his own judge passed judgement against him in my favour? This, really, is truth!” The Jew was so impressed at the justice of Islam that he instantly renounced Judaism,
then recited the shahaadah & accepted Islam.

(Taareekhul Khulafaa’ pg. 184)
🍃🌹🍃🌹🍃🌹🍃🌹🍃🌹