A Gift

🍀بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم🍀
ﷺ ♥̸̨͡🍃ﷺ♥̸̨͡🍃ﷺ

MORAL STORY:
A Gift That You Should Never Accept

One day, a wise teacher & his large following of people were passing through a village. The wise teacher chose a large tree to sit beneath its shade so that the group could rest awhile out of the heat. He often chose times like these to teach, &
so he began to speak. Soon, villagers heard about the visiting teacher & many gathered around to hear him.

One surly young man stood to the side watching.As the crowd grew larger & larger, he grew more & more irritated. To him, it seemed that there were too many people traveling from the city to his village, corrupting the villagers minds with their ridiculous teachings & robbing them of their money with their inferior goods.

Impatiently he shouted at the wise teacher, "Go away! You just want to take advantage of us with your corrupt teachings!"

But the wise teacher remained unaffected by these insults. He remained calm, exuding a feeling of loving-kindness. He politely requested that the man come forward. Then he asked, "Young sir, if you purchased a lovely gift for someone, but that person did not accept the gift, to whom does the gift then belong?"

The odd question took the young man by surprise. "I guess the gift would still be mine because I was the one who bought it."

"Exactly so," replied the wise teacher . "Now, you have just cursed me & been angry with me. But if I do not accept your curses, if I do not get insulted & angry in return, these curses will fall back upon you—the same as the gift returning to its owner."

The young man clasped his hands together & thanked the teacher profusely. He had indeed learnt a valuable lesson.

Aиϑ so the teacher concluded for all to hear,
"As a mirror reflects an object, as a still lake reflects the sky: take care that what you speak or act is for good.
For goodness will always
cast back goodness
Aиϑ harm will always
cast back harm."

So remember, when someone gives you a gift of anger, or negativity, you have the unique opportunity to CHOOSE whether or not you are going to experience the world in that way. Don’t give away your power, don’t let others live rent-free in your head, don’t retaliate with criticism or judgment. Simply brush it off, know that what was said had NOTHING to do with you & keep on going through life with peace & calm.
🍃🌹🍃

"Wasbir ala ma yaquluna
wahjurhum hajran jameela"

"Aиϑ be patient (O Muhammad ﷺ ) with what they say & keep away from them in a good way"
Qur'an 73:10
🍃🌹🍃

🍃🌹🍃🌹🍃🌹🍃🌹🍃🌹