Little Talks

My group mates got to Caleb's apartment early that expected. Well, because I had a 7 am class on Mondays and we need the miniature buildings by 8.

Caleb cooked breakfast for all of us. It was a good gesture from him. I love the good side of him. His hair was messy and his eyes was half close but he insisted on making breakfast.

We ate the food Caleb cooked for us and cleaned up after. The guy's head for the door with the project as soon as Hannah and I put all the plates on the dishwasher.

I kissed Caleb and bid my goodbye to him and told him to prepare for his class. I think he had a class at 8am. He said that we should have lunch together and I agreed to it. I closed the door behind me knowing Caleb was going into the bathroom.

We arrived at school and put the project in a room that we reserved for the reporting later.

I head on to class leaving my group mates assembling the buildings.

After my class was over I immediately went into the room we laid our buildings and wait for the professor to come down there. After an hour of waiting he arrived.

The report went great. The professor liked the design and proposal. Yey for 2 days of hard work and good food with my group mates.

The day went by smoothly. Lunch came and Caleb was nowhere to be seen. I called him up and he picked it up within two rings.

"Hey love, I thought we were meeting at lunch."

"What time is it?" I could hear a girl was talking in the background about air condition. It got pissed at the sound of her voice. Who was that?

"It's half past I'm hungry. Where are you?" I could hear the annoyance in my own voice.

"Finishing something up. Go ahead without me."

"Okay." Then I hang up.

I called Rachel up to ask her if she is free for lunch. Then in an instant, Rachel and I had a lunch date. We agreed to see each other on a restaurant just around the corner.

I got to the 'Sibylline' earlier than Rachel. Where is that girl? Few minutes more she arrived.

"Where have you been?" I questioned her.

"What? I dropped of Adam to class."

"All the way across Arts and Science Building?"

"Yes. Let's have lunch, I'm starving." She uttered holding her stomach.

We found a table for two and I ordered food.

"It's been a while since we ate here at Sibylline. I missed the food here." I state.

"So how was meeting his parents?" I was astonished at what she said. "Adam said you met the parents last night and Caleb introduced you as her girlfriend. Well, is the relationship between the two of you moving?"

"That was so sudden." I responded.

"Well, does it?"

"Do you know something I don't?" I asked her.

"Like what?"

"I don't know, you tell me."

"No." her answer is thrift.

"Well, last night was a bit weird. Caleb's been cutting his family when they start talking and answering them 'no'."

Rachel's left eyebrow cocked. It means she got interested and have all ears on you.

"Even my mom is acting different. She asked me if I knew about it but I didn't know what it is then Caleb suddenly said he was bringing me as his date for a welcome back dinner for his sister."

"Cierine?" Isn't she beautiful?"

"Hmm. Yeah. And that Cyrille is the cutest thing ever. Anyway, Mrs. Waters also asked me to call her Michelle then at the end of the night she wants to call me mom."

"Hmm, she didn't told me that up until Adam told them that we are engaged. Interesting."

"Hmm. They were very welcoming."

"Yes. Very. That's one of the things I love about Adam. His family."

The food finally came. Good. I was starving.

"So where is Caleb?"

"He said that he had something important."

"Important than you?" she questioned with astonishment on her tone.

"Yeah. And I am not important to that guy. I was just an amusement to him remember?" Rachel was with me when Caleb teased and torture me over the years.

"Believe me sweetheart. You are the most important thing in his life."

"How can you say that? You saw us over the years. And I got angry with you when you dated his brother."

"Yeah. But I explained to you that Caleb and Adam are just brothers and Adam have abandoned the bullying days behind him."

"Our childhood with them sucks. Who would have thought that you would end up with Adam?"

"And you would Caleb?"

"Well mine will end in a few weeks from now. Yours will begin in 2 months."

"Yeah." There was sarcasm on her voice.

"Are you hiding something from me?"

"I told you no. Let's just enjoy our lunch. What is your next class?"

"Mr. Gonzaga."

"Oh okay."

Rachel and I finished lunch and head to our next classes.