Makes Me Wonder

Makes Me Wonder

Wednesday. A free day for me. Caleb went to school and he said that he had something to do, a project or a report and he should be home after that. I have plans with Rachel too but Rachel bailed on me because she said she is meeting some cousins and her mother said to take good care at.

So Wednesday for me is a bit boring. Caleb head out just after breakfast and while I was preparing for my date with Rachel, she called me and said she had to bail.

I tried finding something to do in the apartment. But apparently all I saw was the TV and the Xbox Caleb had for entertainment. I played a little but when I was bored of it I stopped. I tried watching some TV shows but I didn’t like the shows. The stash of movie Caleb have, I watched them all.

I went to the library and browsed for books I could sink my eyes into but then I saw the notebooks again. The notebooks had slip out of my mind. Then my curiosity about the notebooks came burning again.

I held the first one on the shelf and got it out. It was year 2000 and the writings is a work of a child. I read the first one.

’10-22-00 --- it was a sunny day when I first saw her. She was wearing a jumper and a white shirt underneath. Her black silky hair was in neatly braided into pigtails. I wanted to make friends with her. She was with her friend and they were laughing at something. My new friends came by them. I thought it was a perfect timing for me to make friends with her but to my horror my friends were bullying the girls. I didn’t do something my friends ask me to say something bad. I had second doubts of calling her one. She is like an angel to me. But I called her names anyway. I called her ugly and she cried. I never wanted to hurt her. I was never meant to hurt her. I hated myself for doing it to her. My friends and I ran along leaving her and her friend crying. So much for our first meeting. ---Caleb Waters’

I remembered the day. It was me whom he called ugly. It was me who cried hard upon calling me ugly. I read another one of his writing.

’11-15-00 --- It’s been a month since my grandfather told me that I would marry you someday. In an instant I felt happy meeting you --- C.W’

’12-24-00 --- I wanted to give you a present and say sorry for the names I’ve been calling you lately. Believe me, I wanted us to be friends. But by this time, I didn’t know how to. I know you hated me for bullying you. I’m sorry.

I saw you earlier to give you my present. It is a necklace with an angel for a pendant. I was gonna give it to you but Adam came out of nowhere. I called you dork instead. --- C.W.’

Oh god. It is me. I remembered this one. I took another notebook on the shelf and returned the previous one.

’02-17-04 --- Happy Birthday. It’s been 4 years since we met and you knew me as your mortal enemy. I have a present for you but I’m too ashamed to give it. Maybe I’ll put it on the box where I hid all my presents for you.

You invited everyone for your party except me. I wanted to come so I came crashing the party. All I really wanted to do is see you but you assumed that I was gonna ruin your party, which I didn’t. You only said that I ruin it.

You are so beautiful in that dress of yours. ---C.W.’

I flipped another page.

’03-21-04 --- I’m starting to feel like I’m falling for you. I didn’t know how that happened. I thought it was just a huge crush but it’s getting deeper than that. --- C.W.’

Oh god, Caleb has feelings for me?

“Hey love I’m home.  Are you here?” Caleb is here. He shouldn’t know I knew his secret. My mortal enemy is in love with me? My childhood memories with him are ruined. I immediately returned the notebook. I decided not to bring this up. I’m absorbing it all and I’m thinking if he liked me why did he do all the mean things when we were kids.

“I’m here love.” He smirked and kissed me.