Someone Sweet To Talk To

Where in the university can I see the stars in the night sky? I really want to know. So I asked Caleb.

"Hey Caleb, where can I see the star in its brightest in the campus?"

"Why?"

"I just missed looking at the stars."

"There isn't any place for that in here Eyre. Buildings are tall and bright in here."

"The football field?"

"Oh yeah, which is closed before 8pm."

"I give up. I just want to see the stars."

I head out before Caleb. I have my exams for today and I must take it. But he promised to have lunch with me.

My exams went good. I went to my other class where it was boring. I was really daydreaming about the stars and where can I find my solitude.

I want to lay my back on a blanket or the soft green grass and gaze my eyes upon the clear dark sky with some sparkly dots we call stars.

I was startled by the ringing of the bell. My daydream about the starry sky was halted by it. It was time for lunch. It was time to meet Caleb.

I was heading out the classroom and was about to call Caleb when someone pulled me.

"Jesus!" I was startled. I thought it was Caleb but no he isn't. It was CC.

"Hey stranger." He greeted me. "Are you expecting someone?"

"Yes."

"Is it that Caleb guy?" he asked me.

"Yes."

"Interesting." His tone was amused like Caleb always do to me. I ignored that.

"So, why are you here?"

"I'm just touring myself. I'll be enrolling next semester."

"Wow. Good for you."

"I never knew that you joined and won the Mr. and Ms. Engineering pageant." Amused tone again.

"How'd you know?"

"The pictures all around, the news, the school paper." He lifted a newspaper up covering his face.

The frontline is 'Civil Engineering takes all' with a picture of me and Pete.

"Yeah right." I said sarcastically snatching the paper from him.

I read it. It was a good article and it called me 'beginner's luck'. I thought it was true. It was my first time joining it and almost bagging all the prizes. It tells the story on how Mr. Crane asked me to join.

"So, do you do it more often?" he asked.

"Have you read the article? It was beginner's luck."

"With a beauty like yours it wasn't beginner's luck. You are born to do that."

My phone rang. It was Caleb.

"Hey love, where are you?" I asked.

"Hey, I'm sorry I couldn't make it. I'm doing something important."

"Last time you said that..." I stopped myself from saying another word.

"You always win Eyre." There was a few seconds of silence. "Well I'll see you later. Bye love." He hang up.

"So care for some lunch?" CC asked.

"How about Pete?"

"I dropped him in his class. So lunch?"