Applause

The day has come. The night of the pageant.

Have you ever imagined what was going on the backstage when there is a pageant? It was total chaos. Everything was so urgent. There was no time for relaxation.

"Hazel Eyre! Stay still." Rachel was doing her magic on my hair. I was wearing the black dress Caleb bought for me the night we had dinner with his parents.

"How can if those bobby pins you're sticking through my hair feels like boring a hole through my scalp."

I saw her eye rolled at me and she was still doing her thing on those bobby pins.

Meanwhile in the background there were girls shouting and some were half naked asking where their dresses are. Some were running and was finding their shoes.

"One minutes guys. ONE MINUTE!!" Gabriella shouted. She was stressed up. "Go on a straight line!"

We scrambled in a line and still was in chaos.

"And the candidates for this year's Mr. and Ms. engineering."

We walked out the stage one by one and I was astonished at the girls who wears their most fakest smile but still looked stunning. I don't know about the guys but yeah, they were awesome.

I tried my hardest to flaunt my confidence and don't trip with those high heels. I really don't want to wear them but I need to here.

Then we go in circles and flash our smiles on the people watching and shouting but I couldn't see them because of the blinding light.

While we were in sage one by one we introduced ourselves to the people.

"Good Evening. I am Hazel Eyre Torres, twenty one years old and representing Civil Engineering."

A lot of people were shouting. Maybe they were from my program.

All of us introduced ourselves and went back to the chaos we were in the back of the stage.

"Where is my freaking costume?!" Demi, the Chemical Engineering student, shouted at the girls who taking care of her makeup and stuff.

"Faster!!" Kathy, the Electrical Engineering student, shouted at the girl who was putting her dress.

I was astonished at what stress was doing with them. I really am. I was stressed too but I didn't need to lash it out on the people who was helping me. I think that was kind of rude.

Trisha was doing her finishing touches with the costume she made.

"Hey Trisha, this is very beautiful. Thanks for the help."

"You're very much welcome." She smiled.

My costume was nice. I think it was the most beautiful one in the room and I had to brag this because someone made it for me.

It was bared back so I was forced to wear nothing on my breast. Trisha gave me this nipple thingies that covers the nipples and it was skinned toned. That was the only thing I hated about the dress but all of it is fine.

It was a little too short for my standards but it was great. The back part of the dress was long though. There was this belt made of metal and some metal arm jewelry that was painted gold. My hair was up on a messy bun and Rachel did my makeup lightly. I felt naked on that dress.

"A minute girls and its show time." Gabriella was on the door with her checklist on her hand. She wanted to be on schedule. "Julianne, you are first. You have two minute to walk around the stage and flaunt your costume."

So that was what she did. It took a few minutes before I was up.

"Next in the list is the representatives of Civil Engineering. Hazel Eyre Torres and Peter Black." Everyone shouted upon seeing Peter and I on the center stage.

"Just follow my lead." He whispered.

So I did. He was assisting me all throughout the walk. I posed every now and then. People was crazy shouting our names. We separated our ways through the opening going through the backstage.

Peter and I met again backstage.

"Oh gods Peter, thank you. You are a big help."

"I'm glad I was a help. The swim wear it next. I am not with you in that part. So just flaunt what you got. Don't mind the people. Just walk like you are in a beach."

"Thanks for tips Mr."

"We can do this Eyre."

We went into our rooms for dressing up. Next was the swimsuit thingy. This was the portion I really hated. No one ever seen my body well except for my girlfriends, Caleb and the ones who made my costume. And tonight I will flaunt them in front of the whole university?

"Eyre. Earth to Eyre." Rachel was snapping her fingers at my face. "Please get into the swimsuit."

"Oh right." I looked around and saw the other girls putting on their suits and concealing the things they were trying to hide.

I put on the bottom half of it while I was still in the costume then Trish help me out of it. Thanks for the nipple thingy Rachel gave earlier I was not that ashamed being topless. Well, I did cover up my breast but Rachel pulled my hands.

"No need to cover sweetheart. You have amazing bosoms. You must be proud at how big they are."

I flushed at what she said. Sheesh.

"That is why I wear shirts twice my size, to cover it up." I rolled my eyes at her.

She let my hair down from the messy bun she made earlier. She made it messy. She gave me a sunglass and showed me what I should do with it. She also fixed the swimsuit.

"You're next Eyre." Gabriella said.

"I'll be there." I stood up and followed Gabriella.

As soon as Peter finished flaunting his body I saw a hand before the entrance of the backstage. It was Peter's.

I took it and he assisted me in the center of the stage. People shout as they saw me appear on stage. I heard some people screaming 'Nice Caleb'. I knew what they mean.

"Chin up, be bitchy." He whispered before he left me.

I did what I had to do. Flaunt my body. Be bitchy. I walked around the stage imitating the models I had watch on the TV. I'm glad for Rachel's girly side.

I tried hard not to trip as people were screaming my name. I tried to be bitchy as I could possibly be and I really think it was tiring. I even wore the sun glasses and imagined I was on the beach. I fondled with my hair and whipped it as some point. I regretted that whipping thing.

I blew the audience a flying kiss and winked before going in the back.