I'd Rather Make Mistakes Than Nothing At All

Oh good that swimsuit walk was over. I thought I would trip or my swimsuit would mess up or any other humiliation would come up.

Rachel made my hair elegant again and help me wear a white elegant Greek dress. It was flowing like water and followed me while I was walking. Yes, it was that long. It was a tube dress. Rachel put the gear that came with the dress.

It was some kind of metal work that was hugging me curves. It started from the shoulders down to my hips. It was like a corset. Few minutes later I was called up.

The host was telling what I had written on the paper we passed on describing me two days ago.

I started walking slowly showing my gown.

"Hazel Eyre Torres is not an ordinary girl. Not any other girl you would meet in your lifetime. She is thoughtful, kind and doesn't want to be called a chicken. She lived life and enjoys every second of it."

What the hell, this isn't what I wrote.

"She appreciates every little things in life. She took up Civil Engineering because of the curiosity on how the structures were built. She loves eating, movies and books. She loves her family and friends more than anything."

Who wrote this? Rachel?

"Once again, Hazel Eyre Torres the representative of Civil Engineering." I went in the center stage again doing my last elegant pose and had gone to the backstage.

We didn't change our Greek gowns. We were waiting for the final call and the giving of the minor prices.

"Once again, the candidates for Mr. and Ms. Engineering 2014."

That was our cue to get out. We did the final walk and stay on stage.

"What beautiful and handsome people don't you think?" the host pointed his fingers at us.

"Can we hear the supporters of the Chemical Engineering?" People shouted. I can see a few but not all. The lights were blinding.

"How about the Mechanical Engineering?" You could hear the shouts of guys mostly.

"And the Civil Engineering?" people was shouting and I could hear the shouting Mechanical Engineering students earlier. I just concluded Caleb was a Mechanical Engineering student because of the shouting dudes."

"The Electrical Engineering?" Few shouted. There are not lots of Electrical Engineering students on campus.

"Electronics and Communications Engineering." Most girls shouted.

"Now, for the minor prizes." The host got few envelopes from Gabriella.

"For Mr. Congeniality. Jovani Collins from ECE." Jovani moved forward and took his prize from the people that was standing in front of us. They were part of the student body. They took pictures and the likes.

"Now for Ms. Congeniality. Hazel Eyre Torres from CE." I was startled. I've never won a prize from some pageant like this.

They took pictures of me and Jovani together. We went back to our partners.

"For Mr. Photogenic. And this is based on the photo that was uploaded on Facebook. Gaining an astonishing 5489 likes in just 24 hours. Victor Snow from ME." the dude beside me walked towards in front. The student body gave him a big frame with his picture on it.

"For Ms. Photogenic. Gaining 4356 likes on Facebook. Hazel Eyre Torres." I heard dudes shouting my name. I had gone forward and couldn't believe that I won.