Gravity

I was practically panicking as soon as I woke up. Oh gods, I don't know what to do later. What am I gonna do? It's just about 3 hours before the talent.

I called Rachel if she wanted to watch me do something.

"Hey, why don't you play the piano or sing something."

"Uhh, last time I played a piano was 2 years ago. And I have a bathroom voice. You know that."

"Worth a try. My class is going, call you later before the talent." And she hang up on me.

I got ready. They didn't told me that we have to dress up for this. I wore what I usually wear. Caleb's shirt, a short and my favorite toms.

"Hey Caleb, I'm heading out."

"What? No breakfast?"

"No, sorry love. Not today."

"Why are you in a hurry?"

"Uh, I just need to do something."

"What?"

"Uh, nothing you want to count yourself in. None of your business anyway."

"Oh, love, anything you are in and you being Eyre Torres is my business."

"Not this one."

"What is it that you gonna do?"

"Embarrass myself." I said with dignity. "If you want to divorce me anytime soon you can."

"Nope. Not anytime soon." He smirked.

"I'm heading out now."

"I'm just heading out and see you later love."

"Okay bye." He kissed me.

I head out and went straight to the auditorium. There were lots of people in there to watch and the other contestants were in the backstage.

Gabriella told me that I was a bit late and what am I wearing. And what do I need. I said nothing. She told me that I am the 5th person to perform next to the Mechanical Engineering. My stomach did a back flip. What am I gonna do?

I saw the other contestants for the very first time. They were in costumes and fancy dresses but me, I was casual.

We introduced ourselves to each other or rather I introduced myself to the other contestants. Some were friendly, some were snobs but I did my part so there.

I saw Peter in the sea of contestants. He was wearing casual clothes too.

"Hey Pete, what are you gonna do?"

"Dance? And you?"

"Oh I really don't know what I will do. I'll improvise later."

The first contestant was from the Chemical Engineering. The host said that the girl did a hula hoop dance number. She was very good and very flexible as the host said when she finished her performance. I could hear people applause and shout. Oh good lord. How can I even beat that?

Next was the Mechanical Engineering. The girl did a ballet performance, she was so graceful and beautiful while the guy played the music in the piano the girl was dancing into, the host told that too. I wished that I was that graceful girl and I had talents. I could hear the people applause.

They finished their performance and I was next. Gabriella told me to be on stage this instant. I still didn't know what I was gonna do. I walked slowly into the stage and I saw some people taking the grand piano away. I ran into them and asked if I could use it. Luckily they agreed.

They pushed the grand piano into center stage. I searched for some song into my head that I still remembered and I knew the lyrics. I asked them for a microphone too.

As soon as the piano and microphone was set, I sat on the chair and closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I slide my fingers in the piano keys but I didn't pressed them. I was still searching for a song in my head.

Then suddenly my hand pressed a chord like it has its own mind. Then another one. It was playing the first song I ever learned on the piano. After some chords the light dimmed and after some more chords my mouth opened. I closed my eyes again.

'Something always brings me back to you, it never takes too long. No matter what I say I do, still feel you here till the moment I'm gone.'

Still eyes closed and I can't hear no one. Heck, I can't hear myself. Do I sound okay? Do I sound not okay? I'm afraid to see the people and their reaction so I kept my eyes closed. I want the song to finish.

'Set me free, leave me be, I don't wanna fall another moment into your gravity. Here I am and I stand so tall, just the way I'm supposed to be. But you're on to me, all over me.'

I opened my eyes to see the dimmed light was now a flashing my eyes. My heart was racing. I'm feeling numb. Am I still pressing the right keys? I hope I was doing okay. Everybody is so silent, I saw a sea of people before I performed but seems like there was no one there.

'You're neither friend nor foe though I can't seem to let you go, the one thing that I still know is that you're keeping me down....'

Stay still heart, it is nearly done.

'Something always brings me back to you, it never takes too long;

One. Two. Three. Four. Five

The audience applauded, some shouting. I've made it, I'm proud of myself. I stood up and went backstage again.

"Isn't she amazing? A voice from heaven, I tell you. Eyre Torres of Civil Engineering." The host told the audience. I didn't believed him. It was his job to say that kind of things.

The next was Peter. People was shouting. I was intrigued so I went to the audience side. Peter was amazing. He was like the dancers on a step up movie. He looks a lot hotter seeing him with that kind of talent. Oh god. There isn't anything the guy was missing. Well except for a girlfriend, he doesn't have one.

The talents were all done. I didn't do anything bizarre but it really made me very tired. I went home immediately after all of the performance.

I went home to see Caleb was sleeping in the sofa. I sat beside his sleeping body and I felt he pulled me. He pulled me to lay down beside him. I laid my head into his arms and he hugged me tightly.

"Awesome performance you did there earlier." He whispered. I was astonished at what he said.

"What did you said?" I asked trying taking his hands off me.

"The only thing that I should know is that you're kidding me up." he was trying to sing a line of gravity. I laughed real hard.

"What the hell are you singing?"

"That song you were singing earlier."

"Your lyrics and voice sucks. And have you watch the talents?"

"Yes."

"So why are you here sleeping?"

"To make you thought that I didn't watch."

"Sheesh. And you told me that I was good?" I succeeded on getting out of his tight hug. I sat up and looked at him intently.

"I couldn't help it. You were that good."

"Oh please Caleb, I know my own voice. Stop it. I need to go to bed I'm tired."

I left him on the sofa laughing and went straight to bed. I need to rest for tomorrow evening.