XII.

The next morning, I went to work like it was just an ordinary day. Well, it was though. I was earlier than my usual time. My boss was surprised for my early arrival at work. Maybe I was inspired? Or maybe I was just a good employee.

I put my bag on my desk and prepared everything for work. Atty. Lee approached with a huge smile on his face. "You seem earlier right now, Nayeon-ssi," he told me.

"Good morning, sir. Well, I woke up earlier this morning." I greeted him back.

"I see. Can you check my schedule for this day? I still have an appointment with Mrs. Park." he asked me and went back to his office.

I've been working on his schedules for hours because numerous clients were piling up. I stopped with what I was doing and removed my glasses. Yes, I wore glasses. I just use it when I'm at work.

I stretched my body and checked the time. It was already past lunch time. However, I wasn't hungry yet. But I needed to eat. I peeked in my boss' office and he was scribbling something on his table. I knocked the door twice and caught his attention, "I'll just head out to eat my lunch, Atty. Do you need anything?" I asked him.

"Nope, I'm good. Thank you, Nayeon-ssi," he replied and went back on what he was doing. I closed the door and grabbed my bag. As I got out of the building, I suddenly saw a colleague of mine near the entrance. She was new but I already forgot her name. I hate forgetting names.

"Good afternoon, Nayeon-ssi." she greeted me first. She was pretty and super white.

"Good afternoon too. You're new here, right? I'm sorry. I forgot your name." I told her awkwardly.

"Yeah. I just started about a week ago. It's okay, Nayeon-ssi. My name's Kim Dahyun. Please take care of me." she politely bowed.
"Nice to meet you, Dahyun-ssi," I replied back. "Where are you heading to? I'm out for lunch, you wanna go?" I asked her. Her eyes widened and smiled like a kid.

"Sure! I would love to. I haven't eaten my lunch too." she giggled. "I was busy with the paper works. Everyone's very hardworking and diligent. I got pressured with them that's why I forgot to eat."

"Aigoo, don't worry. People here just normally do their jobs. Next time don't skip your meal. It's very important."

She lowered head, "Yes, Nayeon-ssi. Understood."

We walked to one restaurant because I was craving for ramyeon. And Dahyun was fine with it.

For the past few weeks, it was already our routine together. We eat lunch together and also go home together. Good thing her apartment was near mine. So technically we ride the same bus everyday. I just didn't notice her before.

Dahyun and I became really close. It was a good thing I already had a friend at the firm. I had someone to talk to or even rant to.

One Friday night, Jeongyeon texted to have a chill night over drinks. She asked me to invite Mina and Momo. Since I was already closed to Dahyun, I initiated to invite her too. She didn't hesitate to accept my invitation. I was sure Dahyun would definitely fit in our group.

I just wore my casual clothes since it will only be with my close friends. I asked Jeongyeon for the address, however, she insisted on picking me up. I was already outside my apartment to call a taxi but I had no idea where Jeongyeon's bar located. That's why I texted her but few minutes later, an Audi A4 Sedan stopped in front of me. I knew it was already her. She rolled down her passenger seat's window.

"Get inside, Nayeon-ssi." she showed me her smile.

I went quickly inside and made myself comfortable. It wasn't my first time inside her luxury car. "Hey," I greeted her.