50

Dinner Night 8pm
at Mrs.Consteallo's house (Devin & Deanthony mom)

Mrs.Consteallo's pov
Mrs.Consteallo looked at the well put together family she knew instantly by looking at them there was a problem and it was only gonna take one conversation to one another was gonna break them.
"Any words before I speak?" Mrs.Consteallo asked looking up from her salad as everyone continued to stay quiet.
"Okay then. Starting with you." Mrs.Consteallo said pointing her fork at Kira as Kira looked at Devin then back at his mother.
"No disrespect Ma, but I decide not to share our problems here, other than im selling the house we're good." Kira said as Devin agreed as she nodded.
"Understandable Im praying for you." She said as she pointed at Jayla.
"My only problem is Kira- Excuse me?" Kira said as Mrs.Consteallo looked at Kira.
"Let her talk." She said as Kira dropped the fork waiting to hear what she had to say.
"You let Keith dog your own sister. How? WHY? You sat there in Devin face like it was a joke not saying a word and he only took it out on her. You played a part in this also why didn't you say anything?" Jayla asked as Everyone looked at Kira.
"I have a 6 year old daughter that needs both of her parents right now and has a lot more going on than this mess do you really think im gonna put this before my daughter? Are you crazy? Me and Devin have our own problems thats not our place to jump in and if Brittney felt some type of way about me not saying anything then fine Britt im sorry. But i already spoke with Keith on that so mind your own business and not mine." Kira said halfway in tears as everyone looked at her shockingly.
"Wait what happened- Its good everything's fine." Devin lied as he wiped Kira tears away.
"Excuse me." Kira said getting up from the table and walking into the kitchen. Kira got herself together as Mrs.Consteallo walked into the kitchen.
"Baby whats going on with you? You gotta be strong what's happened with Alayna?" Mrs.Consteallo asked as Devin walked in.
"Ma I'll just tell you later now is not the time." Devin said as she gave Kira that look that meant 'Is it bad' as Kira nodded.
"Your grandchild has baby on the way." Kira said making Mrs.Consteallo and Devin laughed as she hugged the both of them.
"Come on lets get back to dinner." She said as they nodded and followed.
"Sorry um, I've heard about this letter situation Keith do you have anything to say- Nah im over this family." He said nonchalantly as Mrs.Consteallo shook her head.
"You grown make your decisions but let me tell you don't turn your back on the ones thats been there because of one little mistake." Mrs.Consteallo said as Keith looked away not having much to say.
"Why are you trying to get us to sit here and act like we like each other, you see they dont wanna be here so why are we really here?" Brittney asked getting fed up as Mrs.Consteallo wiped her mouth with a napkin and looked around at everyone that sat at the table.
"Im getting old and pretty soon I wont be here to fight all of you guys battles and put the pieces back together in this family- Whats going on?" Devin asked angrily while dropping his fork as he looked at his mom.
Devin was always the mama boy so the news she was about to hit him with was going to hurt him deeply.
"Let me talk then you'll have your turn, I gathered all of you here to announce that I have lung cancer." Mrs.Consteallo said as the entire table got quiet.
"Cant you like have surgery or something for it?" Brittney asked breaking the silence as she shrugged.
"Doctors here said there's nothing they can do for me and its a 60% chance that I wont make it thru the surgery." She said as Devin and Deanthony got up from the table.
"Devin" Jayla yelled out as Brittney did the same
"Dea" Brittney yelled out as Keith got up from the table also leaving. They all looked at Kira as she sat there still shocked by the news quietly.
"Kira isn't Darrius a surgeon, cant he do something?" Jayla asked as Kira held her head in her hands.
"Take care of my boys, my troublemakers gone take it the hardest." She said referring to Devin and Keith as she grabbed Kira and Brittney's hand as Kira cleared her throat
"Um I'll clean up for you, maybe you should go get some rest." Kira said standing up as Mrs.Consteallo nodded. Jayla helped her upstairs as Kira sighed and left from the table.
"I got it Kira you go home to De- No Brittney Im staying to help, You gotta deal with this just as much as I do let's just clean up and do what we need to do." Kira said gathering the plates as Brittney nodded. Once they were in the kitchen alone Brittney looked at Kira before speaking.
"I know its been hard on you and De lately- Brittney we're fine I promise you." Kira lied as Brittney nodded.
"How's Layna?" Brittney asked as Kira shook her head.
"She's-She's getting better." Kira lied again as Brittney went along with the lie and nodded.
"The guys left so I'll take you guys home when we're done here." Jayla said putting the leftover food away as Kira and Brittney both nodded.
"Kira im really sorry about- No need to apologize." Kira said quietly as Jayla went back to what she was doing.
"Whats going on with Alayna?" Jayla asked while sweeping as Brittney looked at Kira. Kira shook her head while sighing.
"Nothing." She lied as she walked out the kitchen leaving Jayla confused.
"Whats her problem I- Just leave it alone Jay she has enough going on." Brittney said walking out the kitchen also leaving Jayla behind.
Jayla shook her head and turned all the lights out before leaving. She locked up the house and got into the car. The entire ride home they rode in silence with On Chill by Wale playing in the background lowly.
"Thanks for the ride Jay." Brittney said as all of them got out the car.
"Thank you." Kira said once Brittney walked away as Jayla grabbed her wrist. Jayla pulled kira into a hug and rubbed her back.
"Whatever y'all going thru just know im here and I love you." Jayla said as Kira wiped a tear away that fell.
"Thanks I'll see you later." Kira said once they pulled away.