CHAPTER 24

Heads up: This chapter is in present tense unlike the previous chapters. Don't be confused. I just think it might be better this way.
_________________________________________
The ravenette frowns, annoyed, as he picks up the phone.

"J-Jungkook?" A soft voice calls doubtfully from the other end of the line.

"Taehyung?"

He shouldn't care. He shouldn't care how broken Taehyung sounds. His heart shouldn't ache at Taehyung's trembling voice.
He shouldn't let his emotions get the best of him just for his hope to be shattered again.

"What do you want?" Jungkook asks harshly, masking his inner turmoil with a cold tone.

Taehyung has no feelings for you. You shouldn't be in love with someone who despises you. He is simply using you to get his work done. Don't let him break through again.

"And why exactly do you think I'll help you?" Jungkook sneers, trying hard to keep up the facade.

"Jungkook please. My dad, he's- Jimin is in trouble. Please."

"That doesn't concern me."

"Jungkook I'm begging you. I will do anything you say. Please just help him. I-"

No Jungkook. Don't let him get to you. He's lying. It's a trap.
(These are just Jungkook's thoughts. He does not have DID)

"And how do I know this isn't your father's plan to get me killed."

"You know I wouldn't do that." The ravenette couldn't deny how his heart warmed at those words.

"I need your help Jungkook. My father will hurting him. I can't bare to see this torture anymore. I can't keep hoping my father will free him either"

"Why not? Wouldn't that make his precious son happy?"

"Jungkook please, he's my best friend. I can't let anything happen to him."

I can't help you Taehyung. I can't give myself hope that you'll choose me. You will always choose your father. I'm sorry.
"Again, your problem not mine." Jungkook states coldly before he ends the call.

Taehyung sits down on his bed, his heart tightening in anguish.
My last option is gone.
Taehyung thinks as he lies down on the bed and curls into a ball.

Hoseok slowly steps inside the room, having eavesdropped on the conversation. He picks up the phone, careful not to wake the younger.

The red-head quickly slips out of the room into the hallway as he places the phone to his ear.

"Stop anno-"

"Here's what's gonna happen Jeon." Hoseok cuts him off sharply.

_______________________________________________________________________

"So you're telling me you stole my phone while I was sleeping and called Jungkook. And he agreed to help us? Just like that?" Taehyung questions skeptically.

"Yes."

"Oh come on. I'm not that stupid. He wouldn't just agree to-"

"What does it matter how he agreed? We're wasting precious time Taehyung. The more we stall, the greater the chances of your father's return. We need to get Jimin there as quickly as possible." Yugyeom argues wisely.

Taehyung finally shut up, realising the other was right. They need to go. Now.

"Fine. I'll deal with the guard. Hoseok hyung, be ready with a car. Yugyeom, help me with Jimin."