22. 𝓗𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓹𝓽.1

"𝓑𝓲𝓽𝓬𝓱 𝔀𝓱𝓸 𝓲𝓼 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓽𝓪𝓵𝓴𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓸 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽?"

September 29, 1992

Rochester, NY
9 pm
.DeVante.

 "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUTHAFUCKA!" K-Ci was the last to show up at the little gathering everybody threw for me at my place

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUTHAFUCKA!" K-Ci was the last to show up at the little gathering everybody threw for me at my place. Mary was right behind him with a gift bag in hand.

"Thanks man," I smiled as we dapped each other up. I hugged Mary before she handed me the gift.

"This is from us birthday boy!" She referred to her and K. Well I guess they're a little more serious if they out getting gifts together.

"Preciate it," I smiled and sat the gift on dining room table where all the other gifts were. Just about the whole crew is here right now. My bros, EXIT, all of Da Bassment Cru, Al B, and Heavy D. Only person missing is Puffy, he had some business to take care of but still wished me a Happy Birthday. Heavy D already met my new girls last year right before they released their first album so seeing them was like a reunion to him. Al on the other hand, never met them until today. He expressed how eager we he was to work with them one day. Of course the girls, being as cool as they are, are with it 100 percent.

"Aye De! Come take a shot of this!" Stephen waved me over to the kitchen, holding up a gallon sized bottle of Henny.

"Damn nigga you tryna kill me?"

"Hell Yeah I'm tryna kill you! You pussy?" He joked as he poured half of the red cup with the brown liquid, passing it over to me. "And ya better chug it too."

I twisted my face at him but did it anyway, I ain't no bitch so fuck it.

"Yeeeeah that's what I'm talkin bout," he nodded. I felt the burning sensation travel from my chest to my stomach. It's been a minute since I drank. Between me being a smoker and always busy, I never really think about it like K-Ci and JoJo do.

"Hit me again," I said, slamming my cup on the counter for him to pour.

"See! I knew you was my nigga for a reason..pause," he made sure to add that last part, this man a fool. He poured even more than last time but I chugged it just as quickly.

Already feeling buzzed, I glanced around the room watching everyone joke and mingle with each other. Sista stood around together near the food area, engaged in a conversation with Al. Tim, Dalvin, Smoke and Black sat at the table, playing dominos. K-Ci and JoJo were on the couch playing Mortal Kombat, which JoJo sucks ass at. Elgin sat in the single couch watching K-Ci and Jojo play while instigating. Then my eyes fell on Izzy, who stood with her girls and Mary, lookin fine as shit. Of course I already seen her earlier since she does live here, but I don't know... she's just looking extra fine right now. Her face was mostly healed now, whatever small marks that was left she covered it up with makeup.