33. 𝓳𝓮𝓸𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓭𝔂

"𝓌𝒶𝒾𝓉...𝒹𝒾𝒹 𝓎ℴ𝓊 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓈𝒶𝓎 𝓌ℯ'𝓇ℯ ℊℴ𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝒷ℯ ℴ𝓃 𝒿ℯℴ𝓅𝒶𝓇𝒹𝓎"

November 1, 1992

Rochester, NY
9 pm

.DeVante.

"Alright y'all, so if we remixin' Miss Patti Labelle's song the shit gotta be hot know what I'm sayin? So what sound y'all lookin for?," I swing my chair side to side with my elbows rested on the arm rests, and fingers interwined together

"Alright y'all, so if we remixin' Miss Patti Labelle's song the shit gotta be hot know what I'm sayin? So what sound y'all lookin for?," I swing my chair side to side with my elbows rested on the arm rests, and fingers interwined together. I stare up at my 4 biggest artists through my dark shades waiting for a response. Dal is sitting in the chair next to mine facing the soundboard, and still lookin like a sad puppy. I gotta get through to my little brothers sap ass later but until then, business gotta be handled.

"Well we were discussing this in the car on our way here and Iz had a great idea to do like a pop-rock flow. Something different and unexpected," Tehmina spoke up first.

"mmm...Pop-rock huh?" I rubbed my chin a little skeptical I'm not gonna lie. Not that these girls cant pull it off, I'm just not sure if Miss Labelle will like it or even get it.

"Yeah I have an idea of what it should sound like, I played the keys in my head while we were on our way here," Izzy walked towards the back of the studio to retrieve my electric guitar that's already hooked up.

"Of course you did with your genius ass," I smirked at my talented girlfriend, lickin my lips in the process just admiring her. Damn she fine.

Throwing the guitar band over her shoulders, she began to play the keys to  'Lady Mamalade' but in a way where is sounded very much like a rock guitar solo

Throwing the guitar band over her shoulders, she began to play the keys to 'Lady Mamalade' but in a way where is sounded very much like a rock guitar solo. I watched as her groupmates automatically formed smiles across their faces. Even Dalvin and JoJo looked amused, and I'm sure K-Ci ass would to if he were here but tonight is his date night with Mary.

Moments later she wrapped up her mini session, looking back up at us for approval.

"Sooo, I'm guessing y'all like it since y'all starin at me with them big ass cheesy smiles," she laughed as she unhooked the guitar from herself, setting it back down in it's original spot.