27. 𝓢𝓶𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓼 𝓛𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓣𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝓢𝓹𝓲𝓻𝓲𝓽(PETTY SERIES PART 2)

"𝒮ℴ 𝓌ℯ'𝓋ℯ 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝒷ℯℯ𝓃 𝓌ℴ𝓃𝒹ℯ𝓇𝒾𝓃ℊ, 𝒶𝓇ℯ 𝒶𝓃𝓎 ℴ𝒻 𝓎ℴ𝓊 ℊ𝓊𝓎𝓈 𝒹𝒶𝓉𝒾𝓃ℊ 𝒶𝓃𝓎ℴ𝓃ℯ?"

October 18, 1992

Manhattan, NY
12 pm

.Izzy.

I am NOT looking forward to today's shenanigans, wanna know why? We have another joint interview with Jodeci

I haven't seen De in almost 10 days and I've been loving every moment of it, but business is business...I guess. The video we did with Jagged Edge comes out tomorrow and I've been counting down the days. I know all hell is gonna break lose once he see's it, especially since he didnt know shit about it...not like he needed to anyways but still.

The girls and I arrived first but we don't go up for another 35 minutes, so we decided to just hang backstage and mingle.

"Y'all what should I do for my birthday month?" Emani filed her nails while leaning back on the black leather couch that we all occupied. Her diva ass stay filing her damn nails. Them shits already be straight! I never understood it and I still don't.

"Girl who do you think you are? You don't get a whooole month of celebration, maybe a week, not a month," Mina rolled her eyes.

"Im Emani Keyz Galore thank you for asking, and y'all don't gotta celebrate the whole month of November with me, my man will."

We dramatically groaned in unison.

"You are a handful Mani...anyways I think you should take a trip somewhere," I suggested. She suddenly stopped her nail filing, tapping the file stick against her chin while thinking.

"That's actually not a bad idea Iz, where would you suggest?"

I shrugged. "Hell Ion know, maybe Vegas? Cabo? Hawaii?"

"Ehhh naaa..too predictable, I'll figure it out," she returned to her filing.

Shaking my head, I chuckled and stood up from the comfy seat. "Yeah Yeah, anyways I'll be back, I'm about to use the bathroom."

"Make sure you wipe good!" Xina called from behind me. I furrow my eyebrows at her before closing the door behind me. Walking down the busy hall filled with camera men and the backstage crew, I glanced around me to find the restroom sign when suddenly I hear someone call my name. I turned my head to look behind me but I didn't see anyone that appeared to be trying to gain my attention. Then I heard them call my name again. I turned in a more accurate direction and finally saw who it was. Once I did, my face automatically gleamed in excitement. The average height, lanky white man came walking in my direction with some roses in his hands.