Chapter 22: Rescue

Zack's POV

Ever since I came to this world, there was one person that was always on my mind. She was always so caring, kind, polite towards me and her sister and others. Hell I couldn't stop but admire her sometimes. She seemed to be the more sisterly figure, and more mature one. Even though sometimes, she can take things too literal, and get nervous sometimes. But stuff like that happens. The one thing, I want to see now and forever, is her smile. That smile means the world to me, and no-one could have taken it away from me.

Now, someone has taken my girlfriend away from me, and I can tell her smile is fading fast. I feel like my whole world shattered, and the pieces can't be put back together. I can hear her sorrow, and that makes me the same way. The promise, I made to her that day... to keep her smile no matter what. I want to keep her happy, I want her to smile. And most of all, safe.

I am literally blinded with rage, now that I am isolated from all of the friends I gained here. Nepgear and Neptune are gone and Histoire is barely managing to keep the basilicom under her watch. I understand that Neptune barely does anything, but I still care about her and Nepgear. They were the first two people I have met, being brought to this world.

"I...Am... going to kill ZIRN!" I said, in a pissed off tone. I am not in a good mood right now, because there are so many possible scenarios of what could happen to them. Like halfway through the rescue, they die. Or Zirn kills them.

'I... I don't think my heart can taking watching them die.' I thought, remembering what happened during my first encounter with Zirn.

"WHYYYY AM I SO WEAK!?" I felt like I couldn't do anything, but just sit here and watch those two be tortured to death. A single tear dropped onto the ground. I began to bash my head against the hard ground.

"WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?" Blood was now dripping from my forehead down towards the rest of my face.

Then I remembered, something that my father told me, before when I was 13 years old. All of those memories are back in place now.

Flashback, 4 years ago

I was training with my father, to better control my fighting style, and the techniques I use. When we took a break, my view of the world changed.

"Son, we need to talk." He told me.

"Oh yeah, about what?" I asked, with a scowl on my face.

"About stuff." He said.

"Stuff? Like general stuff?" I asked, my expression softening.

"Well more specifically, a lesson." The wind blew, through the forest we were training in, as we were sitting on the rocks. My eyes widened hearing what I thought I heard.

"What kind of lesson?" I growled.

"Now now, Zack. Calm down. Let's say this, what would you do, if you were in a fight and ended up losing? For example, if you lost against me? What would you do?" The question confused me.

"Huh? What are you talking about? You have won against me every time, so far." I said.

"Zack, the point of me training you, is for you to beat me. If it were someone else, never stop until they are dead. For example, if you have to fight someone, and have lost the battle. Get up, stand tall, show them you are better than them. Show them the power of the saiyan race. Don't let them beat you into submission. If you think of giving up, don't. Giving up will mean that you let me, your mother and your friends down, as well as the rest of our race who died in vain. Do you want to let us down, Zack?"