(1)

Third Person's POV

❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌

I have always been used to seeing pretty faces. My whole life, I grow up with many beautiful people around me. After all, being one of the council member's daughter surely have its perks. I am look upon as an idol, a role model, to all the other vampires out there, but no one, no one truly knows who I really am, except for myself, of course. Who can actually know you better except for yourself? Am I right, or am I right? I'm right. But I really hate it, especially hates it, when someone, especially a mere stranger, can figure me out instantly. Like this man right here, standing in front of me, with a smug look.

Oh, back to the pretty face topic. I've gotten pretty used to it, but for some reason, this man right here, it's a little different. I hate him! I want to just claw out at him! When I let my guard down, just for a second, and that's it, he knows the real me. He was pretty, I admit, those overly luscious lips, that will make any woman envious, even my lips weren't that thick. He look at me with a glint in his eyes, but I look away, crossing my arms and flipping my long and silky hair back. I watch as our parents were talking, well, in particularly, my father and his parents. My mother passed away nine years ago, when I was 12, now I'm 21.

I can't believe it, he knows my dirty little secret. The place where I can let out all my deepest, darkest desires, were all known to him. This man right here, it just had to be that our parents knew each other, now it seems, my father wants to pair us up, but we both clearly declined. And now... oh my god! Is he serious, right now? Is he goddamn serious? He's sleeping?! He is sleeping people! While our parents are having a meeting back there, he's sleeping. From what I heard, this man right here and his group of 'royal friends', took over the council, now basically, my father lost his precious job, now... I think, he's handing me over to them, in return for something. I think, if I'm not mistaken. But... I don't want too be handed over like some object, or a charity case.

Bankruptcy. I really hate that word. Makes me shake and tremble in fear just thinking about it. My whole life is completely turned upside down. My father worked so hard for the vampire community and in the end, this man and his group of friends took over and practically destroyed whatever the council stands for. Oh, I'm so sorry, I was babbling like crazy, wasn't I? How rude of me, I'm Valarie De'Casper. Daughter of Count Vermont De'Casper. And supposedly, to get closer to this man right here, as my father ordered. How exactly?! My father is such... a suck up!! Yeah, they have a lot of money! Yeah, they're somebody in the vampire community, but so are we! Now, the only way to regain our title, that was obviously snatched by him, my father is offering me as a partner to him.

"Val" Her father called, lovingly. Her annoyed eyes, look at him. One special thing about her, or freaky in some way, one side of her eyes were a dark brown, while the other was a light brown, almost golden in color. She stood up from the couch she was sitting on, heading over towards her father.

"Yes, papa" She replied.

"Mr. and Mrs. Chae are leaving. Bid your goodbye" He said. How the hell do Koreans do it again? Bow? Oh, yes! Bow. She did a low bow, giving them a nice smile.

"See you again, Mr. Chae, Mrs. Chae" They both smiled towards her, before they both walk with their arms linked, towards the exit.

"Chae Hyungwon. Let's go" His mother softly said, just as Valarie was about to turn, a presence walk pass her, grazing her shoulder lightly. She look at him, as he walk pass. Is a man supposed to even have such flawless skin? What about facial hair?

"See you next time, Ms. De'Casper" She watch as he stood in front of her, before he held out his hand, while the other was behind his back. She put her hand in his and he wanted to kiss the top of her hand, but she quickly pull it away. His eyes darted up to hers, a dark glint in his eyes.