(22)

Third Person's POV

❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌

"I came to see Hyungwon" Valarie said.

"He's in his room. At this time of day, I think he is still sleeping" Mrs. Chae said, as her fingers run along the piano keys.

"May I go see him?" She asked.

"Of course, dear" She replied briefly, her eyes glued on the keys.

"It's lovely" She complimented Mrs. Chae, making her to look up at her, questioningly.

"What is?" Mrs. Chae asked.

"Your piece" Valarie stated, looking at the piano notes.

"Oh. Thank you" Mrs. Chae gave her a smile. Valarie watched as Mrs. Chae went back to playing, before she left the living room, heading towards Hyungwon's room. She softly knocked on his door, before she entered his room. She could instantly see his bare back on the bed, still sleeping. She slowly walked over to him, wanting to wake him up. She froze in her spot, seeing that Hyungwon wasn't alone. Her eyes stared at the sleeping figure next to him, who was also bare. Hera, his slave. She slowly back away from there, and head back out of his room.

"Is he not awake yet?" Mrs. Chae asked, as Valarie came back into the living room.

"Uh... no"

"Hmm. Well, he is like that. It's hard to wake him up. Usually, only Hera can wake him up" Mrs. Chae stated.

"Hera?" Valarie asked.

"That's his slave, dear" Mrs. Chae looked at her through the side of her eyes, seeing Valarie's expression that was looking faraway.

"Valarie" Mrs. Chae called, as expected, Valarie was in a daze. Valarie's mind kept flashing back towards Hyungwon and his slave. She even remembered that time when she followed him to their private summer house. She saw them together.

"Valarie" Mrs. Chae called once again, before she got up and walked towards Valarie.

"Why are you so pale, dear? Are you not feeling well?" Valarie was snapped out of her thoughts, when she felt someone gripping her chin and making her face them.

"Oh. I'm sorry. I think I'll take my leave. I'll just call him later" She instantly went to head out of there. Mrs. Chae looked at her that exited through the front door, before she went towards her son's room. She opened the door and slowly walk closer. She scoffed, seeing Hera and Hyungwon together. She exited the room.

"No wonder she looks scared" Mrs. Chae stated.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Why do you look like your husband just died?" Rae asked her.

"Huh? What?" Valarie asked her.

"Are you okay?" Rae asked, gripping onto her hand.

"Yeah. I'm fine" Val pulled back her hand.

"You know, if there's anything, you can talk to me" Rae said, cupping her face.

"I know" Valarie replied, smiling at her.

"You know what, I really... care about you" Rae wrapped an arm around Valarie.

"And I care about you too" Valarie said.

"Can I ask for a favour from you?" Rae asked.