(9)

Third Person's POV

❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌

"I'm hungry" She stated, looking at him that was driving. She just got a text that her father won't be home again. I guess it's a little hard when you're a single parent.

"Well, where do you want to eat?" He asked.

"Uh... anywhere is fine. I just don't feel like going home" She said.

"Don't feel like going home? What? You father is not home?" He asked, instantly reading her mind.

"You scaredy-cat" He stated.

"I... am not a scaredy-cat" She was lying. She was lying straight to her teeth. She was scared as hell to stay alone. It's not safe! Never safe! And she doesn't care if she's being a big baby about it.

"Hmm. Lying now, Ms. De'Casper?" He asked, as he focused on his driving. She mentally sighed, looking at him with an annoyed look. How does this man gets her so well? As she fell silent, he knew he had got her in a box. He was right. She was scared. He glanced at her for a moment, their eyes met for a brief moment, before she looked away and he looked back to the front.

"You're afraid of being alone in your own house, instead of being afraid of being alone with a man"

"I'm not afraid of that man" She stated, shrugging, as she look at all the buildings passing them. He chuckled at that, looking at her.

"I guess not" He said.

"Come to my apartment?" He asked.

"I'll cook something for you" He said. She felt surprised. A man inviting her to his place, that was a first. She can't help but softly smile.

"I'd like that" She said.

~~~~~~~~~~

"The whole floor is yours?" She asked, as she placed her purse aside and took a seat on the couch. Wow. She glanced around the place. Everything looks fancy.

"Yes"

"I bet you I'm not the first lady you ever brought here" Valarie turned to look at him that was bringing out the drinks.

"Maybe. Maybe not. Wine?" He asked, coming over to her. She nodded and got up to take the glasses from him.

"How does pasta sounds?" He asked.

"Wonderful" She agreed with him, as he poured the wine in the glass.

"Get comfortable. It may take a while" He said.

"Do you mind if I watch?" She asked.

"Not at all" He said, sounding confident. She went to take a seat at the high chair, watching as he rolled up his sleeves and washed his hand as a start.

"How old exactly are you, Mr. Chae?" She asked, taking a sip of the wine, before she rest her chin on her palm.

"Me? I lost count. But if I'm not mistaken, about two centuries plus" He replied, as he brought out the ingredients. She fell silent at that, two hundred years. That sounds a little lonely. Doesn't he ever have a family? He looked at her that was staring off into space.

"I think you want to ask me questions. What is it?" He asked.

"Don't you ever have a family? A lady that you love? Someone you want to spend the rest of your life with?" She asked, as she look up at him with raised eyebrows. He fell silent at that for a moment. A lady that I love? Someone I want to spend the rest of my life with?