(29)

Third Person's POV

❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌

"Do it for the freaking environment" Val muttered to herself, as she was sipping on the sweet tea. Her eyes were roaming around the area, making sure she doesn't lose her focus.

"Valarie. Sweetie" She heard a soft voice calling.

"Oh, Vaughn. Yes?" Valarie placed her cup down and she slowly got up.

"You know what you have to do?" Vaughn asked.

"Yes, I read my part already" Valarie walked towards Vaughn.

"Fantastic! It's your turn. Work your magic, baby" Vaughn reach out his hand towards her and she took it.

Vaughn escorted her towards the shooting area, and many eyes turned her way, including the one and only. As she got in front of the camera, she got into position to pose. Five minutes in the photoshoot, Valarie's eyes itch to look at his direction. As her eyes shifted towards him, she felt a shiver striking down her spine, sending goosebumps to rise all over her body, making her body jolt with a familiar feeling. The cameraman stopped taking photos and look at her.

"Are you okay? Is the flash too bright?" The cameraman asked.

"Uh... no! It's... uh... Can I take a break?" Damn! She hated how she stuttered like a fool, and in front of everyone. If she didn't wear layers of the makeup, her cheeks would have already exposed how embarrassed she felt.

"Yeah, sure. We'll continue with the other models first" She make haste towards her tent, with Raeven trailing along.

"What happened?" Rae asked, as Valarie went to sit, then getting back up again.

"You just flinched like..." Rae imitated the way Valarie body jolted.

"You okay?"

"I just... around him... I just can't! He affects me so much!" Valarie said, pacing back and forth.

"Okay..." Rae felt weirded out at how she was acting just because of one man.

"I really want to know how he affects you so much" Rae wondered, as she sat down at Val's seat.

"Is it because he's your first everything? Maybe try seeing other people, I'm sure it'll help"

"It's not that, Rae. Maybe I'm just unlucky when it comes to love. He makes me feel so worthless. I feel like I'm never good enough around him!"

"You don't have to prove anything to him, Val! He's not worth your effort. Find someone who loves you for you" Rae's right. It is as simple as that. But why can't she move on?

"I just feel like... uhm... nevermind. Let's continue" Val decided it was best to just drop the issue.

"I'll grab some water for you" Rae said, exiting the tent.

"Thank you" Val huffed in relief, before taking a seat. She look at her own reflection, her face turned hard.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Wait,... is he a...?" Rae's question trailed off, as her eyebrows were scrunched together. Rae turned to face Valarie that was rubbing lotion up and down her smooth and fair legs.

"Is he a vampire?" Rae asked. Valarie look up at Rae when she asked the question.

"Yeah, didn't I tell you?" Valarie asked.